Action Africa Help Zambia
Action Africa Help– Zambia
Action Africa Help International (AAH-I) is regional African – led non- governmental organization that supports livelihood – challenged communities in East and Southern Africa to sustainably improve their wellbeing and standard of living. With Country Programmes in South Sudan, Uganda, Zambia, Somalia and Kenya, AAH-I has over 20 years experience, working with communities in conflict and post-conflict situations.
Action Africa Help Zambia (AAHZ) is partnering with Deutsche GesellschaftfuerInternationaleZusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, to improve agricultural production in Kawambwa and Mwense districts of Luapula Province though training and equipping both farmers and agriculture extension workers with knowledge and skills in sustainable way of farming, particularly, growing of orange maize.
In order to achieve that, AAH-I is seeking to recruit well qualified, experienced and innovative individuals to fill the following positions:
Training Assistants x 2
Position Type:Consultancy(3 months)
Reports to:Project Leader
Location:Kawambwa and Mwense
To train and equip both farmers and agriculture extension workers with the knowledge and skills that are required in cultivating vitamin A-rich orange maize, in a sustainable manner.
The overall activity will support improving the nutritional status of the local communities though the promotion of new and improved techniques of growing orange maize.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To design and conduct training to build the capacity of local farmers and agriculture extension workers in the growing of orange maize
- To train local farmers and agriculture extension workers in modern and more proven methods of growing maize
- To train farmers about the right fertilizers to use, and the best ways of applying them on the crop
- To organize identified lead farmers to carry out community sensitization and mobilization for the programme
- To organize field demonstrations to promote adoption of efficient farming practices and techniques in the growing of orange maize
- To promote the growing and consumption of orange maize among the local communities in order to improve the nutritional status
- A Diploma in Agriculture, preferably with a bias in Organic Farming.
- At least 3 years of practical work experience in maize growing
- Experience in growing of orange maize is an added advantage
Skills and attributes needed
- Good moderation, facilitation and training skills
- Good interpersonal skills and should be a good motivator.
- Computer literate
- Good leadership and analytical skills.
- Willing to work in rural areas
- Able to communicate and relate well with villagers
- Able to communicate in Bemba, fluently
- Excellent analytical skills
- Good computer applicationskills
- Able to ride a motor bike
Method of application
Applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae (CVs) and minimum of three (3) referees must be received by 3rd November 2020. The cover letter and CV must be in one document, and should be sent to [email protected]
NOTE: That application will be reviewed on rolling in basis. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, and selected candidates should be flexible to start work immediately.