Website ACTION AFRICA HELP ZAMBIA
Action Africa Help International (AAH-I) is regional African – led non- governmental organization that supports livelihood – challenged communities in East and Southern Africa to sustainably improve their well – being and standard of living. With Country Programs in South Sudan, Uganda, Zambia, Somalia and Kenya, AAH-I has over 20 years ‘experience working with communities in conflict and post –conflict situations.
As part of that effort action Africa help Zambia (AAHZ) has since 2011 been managing warehouses for the United nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) and The World Food Programme (WFP).
The position of Warehouse Manager is intended for the Core Relief Items (CRI) warehouses, and will include overseeing the receiving, storage and dispatching of non-food items at 4 warehouses in Lusaka, Maheba, Mayukwayukwa and Mantapala Refugee camps for the period to 31st December, 2019 (with possibility to extension based on performance) and based in Lusaka with frequent travels to the 3 other aforementioned locations.
To manage a range of CRI warehouse activities including safeguarding of non-food commodities, and ensuring well-organized warehousing and storage service in compliance with UN warehouse guidelines at the four locations.
1.1 Reporting to
1.2 KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Responsible for the effective planning and management of the warehouse operations, to ensure safe and efficient warehousing and storage of all commodities and supplies.
- Coordinate the receipt/dispatch of commodities, to ensure accurate recording, accounting and reporting is available at all times to support decision-making.
- Responsible for the accuracy of warehouse transaction records including identification of discrepancies, to ensure immediate and accurate reporting on commodity movements in line with the corporate requirements.
- Responsible for inventory management (e.g. physical stock verification, reporting, etc.), to ensure any existing and developing issues with regards to proper stocks management are timely addressed and UN standard procedures for commodity handling and storage are strictly followed.
- Supervise preparation and/or prepare regular and ad hoc reports and statistics on warehouse operations, to support informed planning and decision-making.
- Oversee safeguarding of commodities through providing guidance on and taking initiative towards implementation of preventive measures, to ensure that commodities are preserved in good condition and that quality control actions are initiated as appropriate following UN established procedures.
- Work in collaboration with the UNHCR in order to deliver aligned and coherent warehouse services.
- Identify training needs and efficiently plan trainings, to ensure that all staff have required knowledge and skills to carry out their responsibilities.
1.3 Requirements and Qualification
- Bachelor of Science degree in logistics or supply chain management with 5 years’ experience in logistics and warehousing; or diploma in logistics and warehousing with Proven 10 years work experience in a similar supervisory role.
- Hands on experience with use of UN Commodities tracking system or warehouse management software and databases.
- Expertise in warehouse management procedures and best practices
- Experience with cash disbursements in refugee settings highly desirable.
Program Coordinator Competencies
All applications containing the Cover letter, CV and qualifications in one document must be sent to [email protected] clearly stating the position being applied for.
Please ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advertisement.
The deadline for all applications falls on the 15th of January, 2019