ActionAid Zambia (AAZ) is part of the ActionAid Global (AAG) Federation, sharing common values and aims to drive social change towards a just, equitable and sustainable world. AAZ works with marginalised and excluded women and young people, their organizations and movements to address the structural causes of social injustice, gender inequality and poverty.
ActionAid Zambia (AAZ) is looking for suitable individuals to be members of its General Assembly. The General Assembly (GA) has the responsibility for providing the strategic direction to enable AAZ achieve its objectives. The General Assembly meets once (1) a year. We are particularly interested to recruit individuals with skills in Finance, Organizational Development and Human Rights.
The Assembly shall have the following powers and functions;
- To review the activities of the Company and programme for the present year submitted by the Board in the Annual Reports.
- To receive, deliberate upon and adopt all annual reports, financial statements and performance reports of the Company from the Board.
- To receive, deliberate upon and approve all proposed amendments of these Articles in consultation with ActionAid International.
- To receive and deliberate upon all macro policy issues proposed by the Board of Directors affecting the general running of the Company.
- To approve the dissolution of the Company in consultation with ActionAid International.
- To approve the strategy of ActionAid International Zambia.
- To approve the appointment of the Auditor on the recommendation of the Board of Directors.
- To have, exercise and perform any other powers, functions and duties, of a general policy nature as may be necessary in the furtherance of the goals and objectives of the Company.
- The General Assembly members must have demonstrated commitment to the values upheld by ActionAid International in its vision and mission to end poverty and injustice
- Ensure that there is diversity in the General Assembly composed of (but not restricted to) the following, persons living with disabilities, the youth, persons living with HIV/AIDS, representatives from the provinces, gender balance etc.
The list is not exhausted if you would like to help AAZ achieve its aim of eradicating poverty and injustice please submit your Profile/Curriculum Vitae to: The AAZ Board Secretariat at the ActionAid offices, Plot 38G Kabulonga Road, Lusaka, Zambia; or via email [email protected] The Closing date for receipt of applications is 15th February 2019 at 17:00 hours.
Women are encouraged to apply
Kindly note: Serving on the ActionAid Zambia General Assembly is purely on voluntary basis and therefore non‐remunerative.