Website ActionAid Zambia
The Global Platform Zambia (GPZ) is an open space and platform for youth networking and engagement. The GPZ supports movements, youth networks, organisations and individuals to promote the agenda of progressive youth-led change. The GPZ is part of an experienced network of existing platforms around the world, which have developed an effective methodology for designing, carrying out and evaluating the capacity building. The GPZ supports several non-curricular initiatives, which seek to strategize, plan, carry out and evaluate different forms of youth-led organising and direct action.
The Platform is a dynamic and inspiring environment where young people can think freely, develop their own ideas, and connect, discuss and act on local, national and global political issues. The platform frequently organises or host coffee bar discussions, radical nights and youth events.
The holder of the position shall be responsible for assisting the GPZ to develop a sustainable business development plan (using the ActionAid Lean Business); propose technologies and processes to maximise the effectiveness of current income-generating ventures especially in the context of the COVID-19 business environment, and help narrow the focus of the business model for the GPZ by analysing where the GPZ has a more comparative and competitive advantage.
The Consultant Profile
The New Business Development and Marketing Consultant should have demonstrable experience in providing expertise to businesses on how to strategically position and promote themselves, their products and services in order to tap into new markets, attract new customers, increase clients for services and ultimately increase income. The consultant should also be familiar with new business development that delivers against business objectives and growth goals. Specifically, the consultant(s) is expected to deliver on the following:
- Sales and Business Development
- Sales advice on existing services offered by the GPZ, business development services and acquisition of new and anchor customers.
- Assistance with sales strategy and channel creation including mobilising for partners and business.
- Marketing programmes including client loyalty and campaign offerings.
- Strategic Marketing
- Customer needs analysis and value creation.
- Competitor analysis and determination of sources of competitive advantage.
- Market segmentation and customer relationship marketing.
- Product/Service positioning and branding.
- Market-based pricing and pricing strategies.
- Strategic market planning.
- Setting up performance metrics and strategy implementation tracking.
- Marketing Research Services
- Economic research, forecasting and modelling (looking at post-COVID-19 scenarios).
- Formulation of accurate and evidence-based demand or cost forecasts and scenarios.
- Socio-economic, demographic, consumer, qualitative research, and market analysis.
- Market segmentation analysis.
- Evaluating the market potential of GPZ products and services.
- Screening and selection of the most suitable partners for specific products and services based on track record, financial strength and marketing capabilities.
- Market Analysis and segmentation Report.
- Sales and Marketing Strategy.
- Outline of Client Management and Development Programmes.
- PR and Promotional Strategy.
- Performance matrices and strategy implementation tracking.
- A degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or related field.
- At least Three (3) years experience in Marketing with a reputable organisation.
- Experience in Client Management with a reputable organisation.
- Experience in working with a Social enterprise.
- Experience in designing a marketing plan and executing it.
- A self-starter, able to work under minimal supervision as well as being a team player.
- Excellent communication skills with good command of English as an official language and local languages in the project areas.
- Strong skills in the use of social media and database development.
- Strong writing skills for project reports and project documents.
Interested individuals or firms who have experience in carrying out similar assignments especially for youth-focused organisations should apply and send email to [email protected] by Wednesday, 2nd September 2020.
The application should include:
- An Expression of interest stating the methodology and approach to deliver on the expectations as well as a capacity statement indicating the relevant experience as well as traceable references.
- CV(s) showing qualifications and work experience.
- A cover letter motivating for the assignment.