Website ActionAid Zambia
ONE (1) YEAR CONTRACT – RENEWABLE ON AVAILABILITY OF RESOURCES (FUNDS)
ActionAid Zambia (AAZ) is part of the ActionAid Global (AAG) Federation; sharing common values and aims to drive social change towards a just, equitable and sustainable world. AAZ works with marginalized and excluded women and young people, their organizations and movements to address the structural causes of social injustice, gender inequality and poverty.
ActionAid Zambia is seeking applications from highly talented and suitable Zambians for the position of Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning Specialist.
Purpose of the Role
The Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning Specialist will be responsible for ActionAid Zambia’s programmes quality assurance, learning and impact evaluations. This entails providing technical leadership to ensure effective planning, implementation, keeping track of and reporting on all programmes and project activities in line with ActionAid Zambia MEL Framework and Country Strategy priorities. In addition, the job holder will provide technical MEL programme support to the AAZ projects to ensure project planning, implementation, tracking progress and reporting processes are supported by ALPS and HRBA perspective. He / She will support reporting by implementing partners under AAZ funded projects.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
- Lead on the consolidation of monitoring data across the AAZ CSP priority areas and ensure effective reporting against log frame and performance indicators for timely follow-ups up with implementing partners on progress against targets;
- Lead in undertaking Monitoring and Evaluation of activities implemented by AAZ supported partners in accordance with the set performance targets with the support of Hub Coordinators/LRP Managers
- Responsible for participating in MEL global meetings (virtual & face to face) and adapt global MEL frameworks to the national and local context.
- Plan and Coordinate the undertaking of ActionAid annual & quarterly reviews on programme/ project implementation progress and impact;
- Lead in the development and review of quarterly M&E targets in collaboration with the Head of Programs, Thematic Leads, and Hub Coordinators
- Ensure operationalization of MEL framework and other tools ensuring progress tracking and reporting against AAZ CSP indicators & targets;
- Support capacity building of partners & AAZ staff on programme reporting based on indicators and targets.
- Lead in undertaking M&E activities under the different projects with support from the relevant project officers
- Lead on periodic and continuous data collection processes for the compilation and production of ActionAid quarterly, Bi-Annual, and Annual MEL reports
- Leading on all baseline surveys and other summative and formative evaluations.
- Lead in establishing a functional cloud-based knowledge management system.
- Ensure that ActionAid Zambia and partners demonstrate accountability and value for money to rights holders, donors, sponsors, management, and are compliant with ActionAid International accountability standards.
- Support annual and other strategic planning and budgeting processes; ensuring realistic targets are set.
- Support funding proposal and partnership development processes as required.
- Ensure that cross-cutting issues such as human rights especially women and youth are prioritized and monitored throughout all implementation processes.
- Convene monthly progress meetings across all implementing units.
- Regularly liaise with Thematic Leads, Project Managers & Hub programme coordination teams on implementation performance and timely corrective adjustments; and Performing any other responsibilities as delegated.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in demography, economics, social work, project management or its equivalent from a recognized University. A postgraduate qualification is an added advantage.
- Have at least three (3) years post qualification experience in monitoring, evaluation, and learning preferably in an INGO or comparable position with similar responsibilities in similar organizations.
- Project management experience within a regional or international agency, applying rights-based approaches.
- Adopt skills in managing complex projects with a wide geographical scope requiring multi-stakeholder collaboration.
- Substantial experience in designing monitoring, evaluation, and learning systems, tools, and processes in an international development context.
- Experience in providing leadership, support, and guidance on monitoring and evaluation across development programmes/projects.
- Applied knowledge of project cycle management including problem analysis, project design, financial planning and management, and monitoring and evaluation.
- Excellent skills in information/data analysis, including consolidation and analysis of highly diverse data, and report writing.
- Strong networking/relationship-building skills to work well with staff and partner organizations.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, resourcefulness to understand and synthesize diverging points of view and resolve conflicts without escalation. Energetic, enthusiastic and interested in learning within a political, changing and diverse work environment.
- Very good communication skills (verbal and written) to work well in a regional and multi-cultural context.
Other Required Competencies
- Strong relationship building skills and ability to manage relationships with partners or stakeholders across the organization;
- Ability to contribute to a high performing team
- Flexible approach to work, willing to play a full role in ensuring the success of the team
- Ability to make clear, concise, and accurate presentations, and dialogue and consultation with partners and project team members.
- Has strong writing skills, for project reports and all project type documents.
- Strong skills in various IT packages including Microsoft, Excel, and SPSS; as well as virtual communication platforms for dialogue and conferencing such as Skype, Webinar mediums and others
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to cope with partnership dynamics by employing an inclusive approach to deal with different partners.
To apply, please send a cover letter and Curriculum Vitae highlighting how you match the criteria in the Job Description to the following email address; [email protected];
Alternatively, applications can be sent to The Human Resources, ActionAid Zambia, P.O Box 51407, Lusaka. Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 22nd January 2021 at 17:00 hours
ActionAid is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women below the age of 35 years are encouraged to apply. Please Note: While we value all applications, we can only respond to shortlisted and candidates finalist. ActionAid’s Website: www.zambia.actionaid.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com