TERMS OF REFERENCE
ActionAid Zambia is an Associate of ActionAid International (AAI) which is a global movement of people working together to further human rights for all and defeat poverty.
ActionAid Zambia (AAZ) is registered locally as a company limited by guarantee under the laws of Zambia. The Organisation has a two-tier governance structure: General Assembly and National Board of Directors that ensures that ActionAid Zambia complies and delivers according to the provisions in the constitution and membership regulations and remains accountable to the rights holders, the partners that work with ActionAid and its financial supporters.
ActionAid is committed to ensuring the national labour legislations are upheld in line with the country’s constitution.
2. Objective of the consultancy
This request is meant to seek expressions of interest from a competent consultant (individual or company) to update and align AAZ Board Governance Manual to AAZ Articles of Association (Constitution) so that there are no inconsistencies between the two documents and allow General Assembly and National Board operate in a conducive environment.
3. Scope of the Assignment
The Terms of Reference for this assignment will include the following:
1. Review the ActionAid Zambia Articles of Association
2. Review the ActionAid Zambia Board Governance Manuel
3. Update the AAZ Board Governance Manual.
4. Align the AAZ Board Governance Manual to the Articles of Association.
The consultant will be given the current Board Governance Manual and the Constitution for reference.
Upon completion of this assignment, the consultant will present a report containing the key findings including:
1. Proposed changes to the Board Governance Manual
2. Draft updated and aligned Board Governance Manual to Articles of Association.
5. Duration of the Assignment
The duration of engagement is expected to be 20 days counted from contract signing. The timeline can be extended based on mutual agreement of both parties.
6. Eligibility Criteria
The ideal Consultant is expected to have the following profile:
1. Have a bachelor’s degree in Law.
2. Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
3. Ability to deliver within a given deadline.
7. Supervision/ Reporting
The consultant will work directly with the Country Director and Human Resources and Board Liaison to ensure that the consultant has a clear idea about the consultancy.
8. How to Respond
Interested consultants are requested to submit the following:
1. Technical proposal with project work plan including specific milestones.
2. Financial proposal including detailed breakdown of cost, VAT and TAX as appropriate.
3. Certificate of good completion with 2 related samples of previous similar work and certification.
4. Tax clearance certificate from ZRA.
9. Deadline of submission Expression Of Interests (EOI)
All applications should be submitted to [email protected] and must be addressed to: The Country Director ActionAid Zambia not later than 30/05/2023 at 17h00.