ActionAid Zambia (AAZ) is part of the ActionAid Global (AAG) Federation, sharing common values and aims to drive social change towards a just, equitable and sustainable world. AAZ works with marginalised and excluded women and young people, their organizations and movements to address the structural causes of social injustice, gender inequality and poverty.
ActionAid Zambia has a vacancy for an experienced and suitably qualified Zambian to fill the senior leadership position of HEAD OF FUNDRAISING AND PARTNERSHIPS to be based in Lusaka.
The holder is responsible for the design and implementation of fundraising strategies polices and activities aimed at generation of adequate resources for AAZ programmes. In addition, the Head shall deepen relationships with donors and facilitate linkages between country program, local and international partnership development team to deliver on strategic objectives of resource generation, donor relations and contracts management and reporting. The holder of the position is a member of senior management team and is expected to ensure organizational efficiency and effectiveness through participation in decision making, advising on the partnership and fundraising, communication and implementation of agreed upon decisions. The job holder will lead in fundraising development and related aspects.
a) LEADERSHIP OF THE FUNDRAISING AND PARTERSHIP DEPERTMENT IN PLANNING, DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF FUNDRAISING AND PARTNERSHIP WORK
- Leads in the Formulation and implementation of resource mobilization strategies, policies and procedures through contextualization of the AAI Global Funding policies and strategies to Zambia context;
- Responsible for exploration of existing and alternative funding options;
- Responsible for diversification of programme funding to achieve a healthy mix of sponsorship and institutional donor funding;
- Oversees sponsorship funding operations to ensure quality and timely management of funding and sponsor communications;
- Responsible for the Development and implementation of donor intelligence mechanisms;
- Ensures tracking of resource mobilization trends and incorporating feasible innovations into AAZ’s practices.
- Lead in formulation of fundable proposals in line with CSP programmes and in accordance with the AAZ fundraising policy and strategy;
- Ensures uniformity and consistency of funding proposals;
- Responsible for building and maintaining relationships with other INGOs for consortium fundraising
- Ensuring steady funds inflow within the organization;
- Coordinating all fundraising in AAZ as well as reporting on the use of resources to respective donors.
- Oversees the maintenance of a sponsorship funding base through the recruitment, retention and relationship management of sponsors and the children they support;
- Oversees maintenance of sponsorship targets, standards and communication as well as sharing of learning on sponsorship developments;
c) PARTNERSHIP MANAGEMENT
- Responsible for the development and implementation of donor management information system;
- Provides timely and accurate information (reports, queries etc.) to donors/funders, sponsors and other stakeholders as per existing agreements/MoUs or sponsorship protocol;
- Organizes and coordinates donor visits to AAZ and sharing information with respective teams, partners and stakeholders on institutional donors of AAZ;
- Negotiates implementation of contracts and MOUs with donors and partners;
- Monitors funds flow and utilization as well as coordinates the periodic interaction of donors with the country programme in terms of monitoring visits; and
- Maintains linkages and provision of feedback to networking partners and communities.
- Lead partner assessment and identification at both national level and LRP partners and support LRP partner assessments.
- Ensure that the country programme has an updated partnership policy that is understood by all and implemented.
- Lead regular partner reviews, consultations and ensure effective partner monitoring and relevant capacity building and institutional development support for partners
d) LINKAGES AT REGIONAL/SUBREGIONAL AND NATIONAL LEVEL
- Ensure country programme’s effective participation in international platforms and other working groups as relevant.
- Ensuring appropriate representation of AA Zambia in alliances and networks both within and outside Zambia as may be required;
e) STAFF MANAGEMENT DEVELOPMENT AND PERFORMANCE MEASURE
- Ensuring efficient and effective management of staff within the Department, taking into account staff skills and leave allowance;
- Participate in the development of programming skills for staff involved in programme activities;
- Develop performance plans and undertakes timely performance appraisal for staff in the Department and initiation of correction actions for identified gaps;
- Plan and facilitate of training of staff in programme related issues, activities or approaches.
- Enhance team work amongst staff in the Department.
- Promote and facilitates knowledge sharing /shared learning within the unit.
- Ensure staff in the department have individual work plans and up to date development plans.
f) CORPORATE RESPONSIBILITY
- Contributes to management decisions as a member of the Country Management Team.
- Contributes to decisions on strategic resource allocation as member of Resource Allocation Committee.
- Participate in Board and committee meetings and give necessary support and information.
- Any other lawful duties as may be assigned from time to time
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- An MBA or Master’s degree in social Sciences or its equivalent from a recognized University;
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences or its equivalent from a recognized University;
- Have at least ten (10) years working experience in resource mobilisation function in an INGO or a large organization of which at least five (5) years must have been at senior management position;
- Have an understanding of gender issues in development and demonstrable commitment to promoting gender equity within the organization and in programme work.
- Have demonstrated in-depth understanding of programming issues and Policy work at organizational, national and international levels;
- Have practical experience in resource mobilization including proposal development, donor reporting and managing donor relations.
- Strong conceptual, analytical, documentation and presentation skills;
- Excellent management, leadership, planning and prioritization skills;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills coupled with ability to influence, negotiate, advice, mentor and train;
- High degree of integrity, dependability and confidentiality;
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated
- Analysis and report writing
- Presentation, communications, and negotiation
- Networking, influencing and interpersonal
- Planning, organisation, time management, and coordination
- Fluency in written and spoken English and native / national language
- Proficiency in use of MS Office
- Organisational awareness and service orientation
- Able to work with minimum supervision and effectively guide programme in strategic processes such as strategic planning
- Able to pilot and demonstrate implementation of alternatives
- Meets set targets within set time frame and targets of high quality
- Demonstrate clear understanding of the organizational mission vision and ;lives by values of the organisation
- Ability to support and guide country programme through strategy process such as developing of the country strategy, partnership choices and programmes approaches
- Maintains cohesive team that is able to meet set targets
- Establishes linkages at all levels, including with partners, civil society organizations etc.
- Able to comment on key national issues and is regularly consulted by various stakeholders.
Application: To apply, please send a cover letter stating the position you are applying for and Curriculum Vitae highlighting how you match the criteria in the Job Description to the following email address; [email protected] The Closing date for receipt of applications is 12th April 2019 at 17:00 hours.
ActionAid is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EoE), however; qualified women are encouraged to apply. Please Note: While we value all applications, we can only respond to short listed and successful candidates.
Action Aid’s Website: www.actionaid.org/zambia