Website ActionAid Zambia
ActionAid Zambia (AAZ) is part of the ActionAid Global (AAG) Federation, sharing common values and aims to drive social change towards a just, equitable, and sustainable world. AAZ works with marginalized and excluded women and young people, their organizations, and movements to address the structural causes of social injustice, gender inequality, and poverty.
ActionAid Zambia has a vacancy for an experienced and suitably qualified Zambian to fill the position of Project Officer-Enhancing Civil Society Demand for Transparency and Accountability to be based in Solwezi. Duration 12 months
The Job Holder will be an integral part of the Governance Team responsible for providing support to communities in the mining areas to hold local authorities accountable in the management of public finances and to work with key stakeholders, networks, and Coalitions in the promotion of a strengthened public finance management system.
- Produce policy analysis briefing papers, reports with clear recommendations for Strengthened public finance management and public social accountability
- Undertake and Support CSOs and Communities to conduct advocacy/campaigns and lobbying on public finance management and corruption and other related issues with key stakeholders
- Document identified gaps in public finance legal framework that perpetuates corruption
- Work with CSOs and Communities to engage relevant governmental entities, on matters of public finance, and public social accountability
- Facilitate capacity building initiatives for CSOs and communities on public finance and public social accountability
- Build the capacity of civil society and citizens particularly youth, women in budget analysis and tracking and in public finance legislative framework, public social accountability, and anti-corruption laws and policies
- Strengthen new and existing coalitions and networks focusing on public finance management
- Raise awareness among CSOs, youths, women, and media on gaps in Policy and practice pertaining to public finance legal framework
- Support and facilitate Community-led advocacy engagements with Local authorities, ACC, ZP, MPs and other key stakeholders at provincial and district level on public finance and public social accountability
- Establish and maintain working relations with key relevant stakeholders including government, Members of Parliaments (MPs), media, movements and other CSO’s on matters of strategic interest
- Follow up on processes at national, regional and international level and contribute to dialogue on strengthened public finance management
- Represent ActionAid at relevant forums at the local, regional and international level
- Seek opportunities to communicate ActionAid policy and thinking through writing articles, blogs, online debate, and other public forums
- Support fundraising efforts on economic governance issues particularly participating in proposal writing, linkages to funding opportunities
- Participate and support planning processes within the Governance Programme
- Support and prepare periodic reports (monthly, quarterly, annually) on the project in accordance with laid requirements.
- Adhere to M & E requirements.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in development studies or related field;
- At least three years’ experience in a similar role in a Civil Society Organisation (CSO)
- At least three years’ experience in running and managing projects in national or an international development context particular in public policy advocacy work
- Strong Policy Analysis skills preferably with a legal Perspective
- Demonstrated experience of lobbying civil servants and politicians
- Proven experience in Capacity Building initiatives for community members
- Significant experience of networking and working in partnership with civil society organizations, media, Government, Parliament, national and international organizations
- Proven experience of engaging with and influencing decision-makers, and sound political judgment and sensitivity.
- Experience of briefing media or media engagement/interaction
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to translate complex material and data into clear and concise lobbying and campaigning briefings and materials.
- Excellent negotiation, communication, presentation skills, and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels and across cultures.
- Ability and enthusiasm to speak in public forums and take part in public debates
- Excellent negotiations and analytical skills;
- Good knowledge of the Human Rights-Based Approach(HRBA)
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to manage complex and sensitive organizational & partner relationships.
- Demonstrable understanding of and commitment to promoting gender equity and the interests of marginalized people in policy advocacy work.
- Fluent English and native languages in the target area
Application: To apply, please send a motivation letter stating the position you are applying for and Curriculum Vitae highlighting how you match the criteria in the Job Description to the following email address; [email protected] The Closing date for receipt of applications is 8th September 2020 at 17:00 hours.
ActionAid is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EoE), however; qualified women are encouraged to apply. Please Note: While we value all applications, we can only respond to shortlisted candidates.