Website ActionAid Zambia
ActionAid Zambia (AAZ) is part of the ActionAid Global (AAG) Federation, sharing common values and aims to drive social change towards a just, equitable, and sustainable world. AAZ works with marginalized and excluded women and young people, their organizations, and movements to address the structural causes of social injustice, gender inequality, and poverty.
ActionAid Zambia has a vacancy for an experienced and suitably qualified Zambians to fill the position of HUB COORDINATOR – WESTERN PROVINCE.
The Hub Coordinator will support the Head of Programmes and Resource Mobilization in the day to day management, engagement with and support of partner managed project activities, and coordinating activities among sub-partners in AAZ target Provinces. Based at the provincial level S/he will work closely with and support sub-partners, local social movements, and Community Action Groups working in the province and will ensure coordination with other relevant stakeholders to ensure AAZ visibility and rootedness. The Hub Coordinator will have the responsibility of identifying and supporting fundraising activities at the provincial level.
a) KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support pre-award activities including grants management assessments at Hub level.
- Support grants management activities including post-award activities such as requests for extension, incremental funding, budget realignment, approvals, clearances, addressing pre-award conditions and modifications of partners at hub level.
- Working with other AAZ staff in building the capacity of CSO partners, social movements, and community groups.
- Responsible for monitoring grant implementation and ensuring partners’ compliance with ActionAid Zambia grant rules and regulations.
- Support Partners in day to day management and implementation of community-based interventions and community strengthening activities in targeted provinces.
- Identify and document emerging issues, case studies, and lessons from the work with implementing partners.
- Responsible for spearheading the development and review of all Partner program documents including progress reports, program descriptions, implementation plans, budgets, and MEL plans by working closely with relevant AAZ thematic units.
- Ensure ActionAid Zambia visibility and rootedness in all partners’ implementation target communities.
• Coordinate fundraising activities at the Hub level and contribute to proposal development activities.
b) QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS
- Bachelor of Arts in Social Sciences or equivalent.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in the field, NGO experience is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in partner management or capacity building of CSOs.
- Program management experience: M & E and Communications experience is added advantage.
- A strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a high-profile, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate technical issues effectively and persuasively.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects effectively, think analytically, and take initiative in solving problems.
- Experience in partnership management, policy engagement, communication, and fundraising preferred
- Strong understanding of program monitoring and evaluation.
- The ability to speak and write in Lozi is an added advantage.
To apply, please email a cover letter and Curriculum Vitae highlighting how you match the criteria in the Job Description to the following email address: [email protected] The email subject heading should simply be titled “Hub Coordinator – Western Province: (followed by your name). The Closing date for receipt of applications is Sunday 15th November 2020 at 17:00 hours.
ActionAid is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EoE). Qualified women are encouraged to apply.
While we value all applications, we can only respond to shortlisted candidates.