Website ActionAid Zambia
ActionAid Zambia (AAZ) is part of the ActionAid Global (AAG) Federation, sharing common values and aims to drive social change towards a just, equitable, and sustainable world. AAZ works with marginalized and excluded women and young people, their organizations, and movements to address the structural causes of social injustice, gender inequality, and poverty.
ActionAid Zambia has been awarded a new project focused on women’s rights; therefore seeks to recruit an experienced and suitably qualified Zambian to fill the position of Logistician and Admin. Assistant to be based in Lusaka on 1 year fixed term contract.
To provide a variety of administrative and logistical support services to various departments/units for effective and efficient operations of the ActionAid Zambia
a. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receive requisitions for the Procurement of goods and services from user departments and ensures that procurement is done in a timely manner and according to Specifications.
- Responsible for the effective management of contracts and service agreements for outsourced services, such as insurance, accommodation, gardeners, and cleaners.
- Receives and screens visitors and directs them to the appropriate office.
- Arranges for and makes relevant bookings for training, meetings, workshops, and related activities
- Keeps updated records in the stationary and other office supplies in the storeroom
- Supervise the provision of effective maintenance and cleanliness of buildings and surroundings in order to produce conducive working environment
- Maintain office supplies and orders additional materials as needed in a timely manner
- Prepare usage reports on office supplies and any materials in the storeroom
- Works with Finance and Admin Assistant to ensure that all utility bills, land, council rates and occupancy bills are paid on time
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports relating to fleet management and fuel usage
- Provide transport service to all departments of ActionAid Zambia in line with the AAZ Transport Policy in an effective and coordinated manner.
- Ensures that AAZ vehicles are in sound mechanical, clean, and road worthy condition all the time and in compliance with the Road Traffic Rules
- Maintain the logbook and sheets according to the transport policy of AAZ ensure accountable monitoring and usage of the vehicle pertaining to mileage, fuel consumption, repair and service, parts replacement in accordance with standard requirements
- Undertakes office errands such as delivering and collecting mail to and from all designated points and forwards received mail to the respective recipients.
- Manages the maintenance of office generators to ensure they are always in good condition for use.
b. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Grade 12 certificate and a certificate in management/administration or related field.
- Certificate in Auto-mechanics is an added advantage.
- 3 years hands on experience in a similar position or administrative functions.
- Highly motivated individual with strong attention to detail; and an ability to work independently, prioritize and simultaneously handle multiple tasks.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel and the Internet.
- Not less than 5 years of driving experience with a valid driver’s license for manual vehicles.
- Knowledge of the operation of a motor vehicle which requires understanding the basic technical aspects of the mechanical of the vehicles.
- Strong collaborative skills and the ability to interact with other office staff at all levels in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to facilitate interaction with others.
- Team player with experience in multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environments;
- Team player and able to work independently and with minimum supervision.
- Have a high degree of integrity and dependability.
- A strong commitment to develop, promote and practice AAZ’s vision, mission, and values.
- Exhibit a professional, business-like appearance and demeanor.
To apply, please email a cover letter and Curriculum Vitae highlighting how you match the criteria in the Job Description to the following email address: [email protected] The email subject heading should simply be titled “Logistician and Admin Assistant: (followed by your name). The Closing date for receipt of applications is Thursday 15th October 2020 at 17:00 hours.
ActionAid is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EoE). Qualified women are encouraged to apply. Please Note: While we value all applications, we can only respond to shortlisted candidates.