The AgriFin Accelerate program will operate in three African countries (Kenya, Tanzania and Zambia) utilizing a market ecosystem approach, working with carefully selected partners to build sustainable models, where farm and crop management tools and financial services are “bundled” in affordable, unified platforms on mobile phone channels to promote mass uptake commercially. The program involves three interrelated components that seek to address low farmer productivity and capability and improve institutional ability to deliver appropriate products and build ecosystems to drive scale. We work with farmers, banks, mobile network operators, MFIs, research institutes and other ecosystem players in well-defined partnerships to sustainably bundle services, leveraging the offer and outreach of all partners, while increasing the range of services, access points and value for farmers. The program works with partners to identify, prototype, test and scale successful mobile-enabled services for smallholders, with a key focus on expanding access to financial services, using a rapid iteration approach to product development and client-centric design techniques.
We are presently looking for a committed and dynamic individual to take up the position of Admin & Logistics Intern
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
The Admin &Logistics Intern will report directly to the AgriFin Accelerate Zambia Director and HR & Operations Manager and will be responsible for supporting with the general aspects of Mercy Corps procurement, logistics and admin.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ensure proper filing for all Admin and Program related documents
- Coordination of staff travel arrangements including transport and accommodation
- Coordinate workshops and meetings
- Taxi reconciliation
- Daily coordination of MC procurement activities
- Process Payments for Rentals, Vendors and Consultants
- Raise Purchase requests and Request for Quotations
- Purchase of office supplies
Direct supervision of: N/A
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: AgriFin Accelerate Zambia Director and HR & Operations Manager.
WORKS DIRECTLY WITH: Operations, Program and Finance teams.
- A Diploma in a relevant business field is desired.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- A demonstrated ability to multi-task and process information into action.
- A good team player
- A good sense of humor
- Ability to or simultaneously with an excellent sense of judgement
- Attention to details
- Ability to work as part of a team and coordinate with project personnel
- Willingness and ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people
Interested candidates who meet the above required qualifications and experience should submit a cover letter, detailed curriculum vitae (CV) listing three professional referees (including a recent supervisor) to [email protected] on or before Friday 20th April 2018 by 5.00pm. The email subject line must clearly show the job title. Applications without the right subject heading will be automatically disqualified. Please do not attach any certificates. Please ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advertisement.
(Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We will only get in touch with shortlisted candidates)
NB: Mercy Corps does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process
WE ENCOURAGE QUALIFIED CANDIDATES TO APPLY.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.