Dangote Industries Zambia Limited
The Dangote Group is one of Africa‘s leading conglomerates producing diversified products. Dangote Cement, a subsidiary of the Dangote Group, is the leading producer of cement in Zambia with a modern and advanced integrated cement plant in Ndola, on the Copperbelt.
Dangote Industries (Z) Limited is looking for action oriented, high performing and dedicated professional to join the Human Resource Department.
Position: ADMIN OFFICER
Department: Human Resource and Administration
Reports to: Senior Admin Officer
Coordinate and implement a comprehensive program of fleet services and maintenance to ensure a smooth operation of fleet activities in the Plant.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive the implementation of policies and procedures for fleet management and mobilize drivers accordingly.
- Manage scheduling of pool drivers and ensure timely availability of vehicles for staff, guests, etc.
- Maintain drivers’ movement log and provide guidance to drivers on how to keep accurate records.
- Ensure that vehicle (and drivers’) log books are properly maintained for input into vehicle management system and/ or monthly payroll.
- Review and sign-off on periodic vehicle fueling requests, in line with approved provisions.
- Coordinate routine servicing and repair of vehicles as required and maintain relevant documentations.
- Document details of accident occurrences and report to the Senior Administration Coordinator.
- Develop and maintain a log for monitoring and tracking the itinerary of pool vehicles to ensure optimal use.
- Oversee activities involving vehicle licensing, renewals and other statutory registrations.
- Maintain fuel records of vehicles in the plant to check and prevent fraud and ensure optimal usage.
- Liaise with approved mechanic workshops to ensure prompt and complete service and repairs of Admin vehicles.
- Maintain and track records of fleet maintenance and fuel usage costs within the plant.
- Develop drivers’ payroll input items, including payment schedules for overtime hours, for approval.
- Forward drivers’ concerns to Senior Administration Officer for escalation to appropriate quarters.
- Communicate and forward information regarding vehicle requirements to Senior Administration.
- Perform periodic vehicle inspection, report incidences and provide recommendations to Senior Admin and GM-HR & Administration.
- Prepare and submit monthly report of fleet activities to Senior Administration Officer.
- Degree or Diploma in any discipline preferably, Human Resource Management, Public Administration, and Business Administration or Social Sciences.
- Minimum of Two to Three years of work experience in a similar field.
Skills and Competencies
- Good Knowledge and understanding of current/ prevailing traffic laws and regulations.
- Working knowledge of software applications (e.g. vehicle tracking and scheduling application).
- In-depth knowledge of authentic vehicle parts and accessories.
- Good project management and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of vehicle licensing procedures.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and people management skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in the use of applicable MS Office support tools.
ONLY candidates meeting the above requirements should send their applications to:
Please note that you are to attach an Application Letter, Latest CV ONLY in Microsoft word format as ONE document and certificates including grade 12 certificate. Closing date for receiving applications is 21st September, 2017.
Position should be clearly mentioned in the subject line.
Only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to Recruit.Zambia@DANGOTE.COM