Peace Corps Zambia
PEACE CORPS ZAMBIA
Short-term Administrative Assistant VA 10-2023
Peace Corps/Zambia wishes to invite applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the short-term positions of Administrative Assistant(s).
Work Schedule: 40 hours/Week
Daily Rate: on/around ZMW 963.00/day
Estimated Days: As needed (not to exceed 9 months per year, can be daily, weekly, or monthly contracts based on Peace Corps needs)
The short-term Administrative Assistant is under the direct supervision of the Deputy Director of Management & Operations (DDMO). The short-term Administrative Assistant (STAA) is responsible for a variety of administrative, logistical, and clerical functions in support of Post. This is a multi-functional position requiring a high degree of energy, flexibility, organizational skills, and attention to detail. The STAA provides support to the administrative unit.
Tasks & Deliverables
Direct Administrative/Logistical Support
- Provides back-up administrative, logistical, and clerical support which may include, but not be limited to:
- Serving as a back-up Receptionist.
- Assisting in the Finance Unit.
- Assisting in the General Services Unit.
- Assisting in the HR Unit.
- Assisting in the Medical Unit.
- Assisting in Programming and Training Unit.
- Assisting in the Travel Unit.
- Provides filing and records management assistance.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
In order to be selected for this position and eligible for short-term assignments, the applicant must be legally eligible to work in Zambia, must not have been employed in intelligence-related activities, and must submit an application that clearly documents how the following requirements are met including copies of education certifications:
- Successful completion of secondary school and a two-year diploma in administration, business, accounting, finance, or a related field is required. Possession of a University degree in a related field will be an added advantage.
- At least three (3) years of administrative/clerical experience in a professional office setting, with at least one year of accounting-related clerical responsibilities.
- Demonstrated ability to work with an international organization in a multi-cultural setting – at least one year of professional experience required. Experience working with a US government agency preferred.
- Able to work with high level of honesty and integrity; courtesy, promptness, and deference to customers; time management, and attention to detail.
- Highly computer literate with advanced knowledge of MS Office – particularly MS Word and MS Excel.
- Strong communication and organizational skills. Able to work in a high-volume productivity environment and handle issues promptly as required. Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good working knowledge of English (spoken and written)
Applicants must identify in their application whether they have ever served Peace Corps as a Trainee or Volunteer (including Response), or as a staff member (USDH, PSC, or FSN), and if so, to identify the position location, position type, title, and starting and ending dates.
Applications and supporting documentation including cover letter, CV, and educational and professional certifications must be submitted by 17 hours on October 2, 2023. Applicants will be scored according to education credentials and related professional experience.
Only email applications will be accepted and should be addressed to:
Email: [email protected] clearly stating your name and position applied for in the subject line of your email
(E.g. John Doe, Short Term Administrative Assistant)
Only short-listed candidates will be notified, and no telephone inquiries will be entertained.
Peace Corps reserves the right to:
- Not evaluate or withhold and offer to an individual who has current or prior connections with intelligence activities or agencies through employment, related work, or even family relations
- Not evaluate or to withhold an offer of a personal services contract to an individual that has a history of poor past performance or conduct as a Peace Corps Trainee, Volunteer, or staff member (USDH, PSC, or FSN).
- Withhold an offer of a personal services contract to an individual that is a relative or household member of a current Peace Corps staff member.
Contracts are contingent on availability of funds, reference checks, background check, and medical examinations.
Peace Corps will not discriminate against an applicant because of that person’s race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older, except when the applicant is beyond the mandatory retirement age), disability, or genetic information.
To apply for this job email your details to ZM-Jobs@peacecorps.gov