Title: Administrative Assistant
Company: Laurence Paul Investment Services
Laurence Paul is a privately held business established as a full service investment management, investment banking, principal investments and securities trading firm. Our firm is focused on providing unbiased advisory and investment services to entities and individuals involved in investing in and developing Africa’s productive infrastructure.
At Laurence Paul, we leverage the unique strengths of our people to provide our individual and institutional clients with a full range of financial services and product expertise across our business areas. We have an in-depth working knowledge of the business and regulatory environment and we work with financial institutions, major corporations, domestic and international investors, regulators and governments to encourage private sector led development initiatives.
Laurence Paul is well positioned to satisfy the growing need for a locally based asset management and securities trading firm that is capable of serving the demands of local and international investor clients.
Administrative Assistants ensure the efficient day-to-day operation of the office, and support the work of management and other staff.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Administrative Assistants perform a wide range of duties including some or all of the following:
- Answer general phone inquiries using a professional and courteous manner
- Direct phone inquires to the appropriate staff members
- Reply to general information requests with the accurate information
- Greet clients/suppliers/visitors to the organization in a professional and friendly manner
- Use computer word processing, spreadsheet, and database software to prepare reports, memos, and documents
- Sort incoming mail, faxes, and courier deliveries for distribution
- Prepare and send outgoing faxes, mail, and courier parcels
- Forward incoming general e-mails to the appropriate staff member
- Forward voice mail from the general mailbox to the appropriate staff member
- Purchase, receive and store the office supplies ensuring that basic supplies are always available
- Code and file material according to the established procedures
- Update and ensure the accuracy of the organization’s databases
- Back-up electronic files using proper procedures
- Provide secretarial and administrative support to management and other staff
- Make travel, meeting and other arrangements for staff
- Coordinate the maintenance of office equipment
Assist with financial management
- Use computer software to prepare invoices and financial statements
- Code and file financial material according to established records management procedures
- Month end duties as required
Provide Board support
- With the Executive Director, prepare meeting agendas and supporting material for distribution
- Ensure the timely distribution of material to the Board
- Support the Board with meeting, travel and other arrangements
- Draft minutes of Board meetings for review by the Executive Director
- Create action list for management staff from board meetings
- Diploma in HR, business, IT, or office management
- 2-3 years experience
Knowledge, skills and abilities
Proficiency in the use of computer programs for:
- Word processing
Proficiency in the use of office equipment:
- Voice messaging systems
- Photo copier
8:00 -17:00 hrs.
Monday to Friday
Administrative Assistants may be required to work some overtime hours such as attending Board meetings.
Only shortlisted applications will be contacted. Ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advertisement.
Email Application to [email protected]