WorldFish is seeking a motivated, dynamic and energetic team player wo will be responsible to provide administrative support to the Country Director, Zambia & Tanzania as well as to the rest of the Zambia Team. The post holder will be responsible to provides administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the office by supporting Managers and employees through a variety of tasks related to organization and communication.
- Provide comprehensive administrative support to ensure smooth and efficient office operations.
- Provide support in office administration, including financial, secretarial, record keeping and procurement processes in accordance with WorldFish policies and guidelines
- Assist to identify and continually assess service providers and vendors to ensure effective and efficient office operations.
- Manage vendor contracts, monthly utility payments’ and petty cash account.
- Coordinate and manage project transport and facilitate duty travel arrangements for staff/ projects.
- Provide support in organizing special events, meetings, workshops and conferences.
- Responsible in providing administration support and carry out general office management duties as required by the Country Director.
- Assist in managing office assets.
- Diploma in Office Management, Administration or relevant field.
- At least 3 years minimum experience in Office Administration with an international non-profit organizations.
- Good organizational and time management skills to process tasks efficiently.
- Possess comprehensive knowledge and understanding of standard office procedures.
- Strong knowledge in Microsoft Office such as Excel and Word.
- Team player with excellent inter-personal skills and ability to interact positively with people in a multi-cultural environment.
- Strong customers’ service orientation and ability to work under pressure Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Multi-tasking and follow up skills.
This is a Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position with annual salary ranging between ZMW 7,500 – ZMW 7,900 monthly. WorldFish’s NRS shall receive comprehensive benefits including (but not limited to) insurance coverage for staff and eligible dependents, and pension / provident fund contribution.
This position will be based at WorldFish’s country office in Lusaka, Zambia. Only shortlisted candidate will be notified and expected to attend the interview and interviews are expected to be held in September 2018. The successful candidate should be available to commence as soon as possible for an initial 2 years fixed term contract, with the possibility of contract renewal depending on performance and funding availability.
WorldFish is committed to promoting a work environment where diversity of thought, style, culture and experience is valued. We support individual performance and potential in achieving our organizational goals and mission. We are an equal opportunities employer and strongly encourage women and nationals from developing countries to apply.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to submit the following information online latest by 14 September 2018:
- A cover letter including a 2-page (max) description of why you are an ideal candidate and what you would bring to the role;
- A current curriculum vitae;
- Names and contacts (telephone, fax, and e-mail addresses) of three professional referees who are familiar with your qualifications and work experience. Your nominated referees ideally should have persons from each of the following category: direct supervisor, internal peer and/or direct report.
Screening will start as soon as possible, and will continue until the position is filled. Only selected candidates will be contacted.