ZAMBART is a research-focused non-governmental organisation that conducts research on HIV and Tuberculosis to help control and mitigate the impact of the dual epidemic. ZAMBART staff form an interdisciplinary team with a range of expertise including epidemiology, clinical science, social science, laboratory, operations research, health systems and services research, health policy analysis, health economics, health communication research compliance and counselling.
To support our wide range of research activities, we are looking for candidates to fill the following position:
Study summary: Yathu Yathu (“for us by us”) is a cluster-randomised trial that will evaluate the impact of community-based, peer-led SRH services on knowledge of HIV status and coverage of key SRH services among AYP. The intervention, called Yathu Yathu (For us, by us), was designed with adolescents and young people in a formative research study in 2017/18.
Adolescent Nurse (01 – Chipata and 01- Kanyama communities)
Position summary: Reporting to the Intervention Coordinator, the primary role of the Adolescent Nurse is to provide ART services, STI treatment and contraceptive advice and services to adolescents and young people at the Yathu Yathu Hubs.
- Screen participants for PrEP and refer for initiation to the local health facility
- conduct ART follows ups for participants diagnosed HIV positive at the Hub for the first 2 months of initiation
- provide in depth contraceptive information to participants
- prescribe and provide emergency pills, oral contraceptive pills and injectable contraceptives to participants
- conduct syndromic management of STI and provide STI treatment
- Work closely with MOH authorities and partners implementing contraceptive service delivery, ART delivery, male circumcision
- Consolidate monthly reports from study specific intervention activities and other implementing partners in a timely fashion.
- Carry out any other duties as may be assigned by the Intervention Manager
- Minimum Diploma in Nursing
- Trained ART prescriber and dispenser
- Trained to provide adolescent friendly health services
- Experience in ART management in government health facilities
- Registered with the General Nursing Council
How to apply
Only applicants who meet the criteria for the above position should submit their application letter and CV to The Human Resources Manager, Zambart Head Office, Ridgeway Campus P. O Box 50697 Lusaka or email the cover and CV only (without certificates) to [email protected], stating in the reference the position you are applying for
Closing Date: 18th April 2019, 2018.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.