Website Adroit Engineering Construction Limited
General Construction and Civil Engineering Works
Title: Civil Engineer – Projects
Reporting To: Managing Director
Direct Reports: Site Foreman, General Worker
Adroit Engineering Construction Limited is more of a young enterprise. first year of operation: 2022. After two years of operation, the business is running at full capacity. Adroit Engineering Construction (AECO) is an engineering, construction, and design company based in Zambia that collaborates with public and commercial entities as well as groups and people. Some of the various things that our company offers include engineering and general construction services.
As a company, Adroit believes in inclusive growth. For that reason, our Lusaka office is currently recruiting for a civil engineer.
Summary of the Position
We are seeking a forward-thinking civil engineer to conceptualize, develop, and construct an extensive variety of naturally and physically constructed surrounding projects. You will work in a rapidly expanding, dynamic industry, contribute to the health of economies, and have an enduring positive impact on society.
The ideal candidate should be comfortable splitting their hours between the office, on-site visits, and attending council meetings.
Civil Engineer Responsibilities
- Manage, design, develop, create and maintain small-scale through to large-scale construction projects in a safe, timely and sustainable manner
- Conduct on site investigations and analyze data (maps, reports, tests, drawings and other)
- Carry out technical and feasibility studies and draw up blueprints that satisfy technical specifications
- Assess potential risks, materials and costs
- Provide advice and resolve creatively any emerging problems/deficiencies
- Oversee and mentor staff and liaise with a variety of stakeholders
- Handle over the resulting structures and services for use
- Monitor progress and compile reports in project status
- Manage budget and purchase equipment/materials
- Comply with guidelines and regulations including permits, safety etc and deliver technical files and other technical documentation as required.
Civil Engineer Requirements: – Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Diploma in civil engineering or related field, accredited by the Institution of Civil Engineers. EIZ.
- Registration/Licensure as a professional engineer may be required.
- A minimum of 2 years of industry knowledge may be strongly desired.
- Familiarity with design software, such as Autodesk, AutoCAD Civil 3D, ArchiCAD and MicroStation.
- Knowledge of map creation software and photo imaging software.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, with a high level of accuracy in calculations and design.
- Ability to carry out effective technical and feasibility studies, as well as site investigations.
- Excellent time management skills to ensure project deadlines are met.
- Leadership skills to effectively manage a diverse group of professionals working on one project.
- Possess strong organizational and site management skills to effectively coordinate site activities.
- Strong ability to supervise tendering procedures and compile job specifications.
- Fluency in surveying and site design.
- Ability to coordinate more than one project at a time.
- Ability to perform calculation, dimensioning, and control of concrete and metallic construction.
- Strict attention to detail.
- Profound ability to carry out safety analyses and stability and quality control.
- Ability to effectively work with professionals from other fields, including subcontractors and architects.
- Strong ability to plan and manage project resources and budgets.
- Ability and willingness to travel and work outside lusaka.
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects.
- Driver’s license is a must have.
- Strong communication skills, including verbal and written.
Integrity & honesty
Driver who meets deadlines.
Hardworking and smart thinking
To Apply for this role please send your Cover letter and Qualifications to the following email: [email protected]