Advanced Management Services Limited
Job Title: Waiter/ Waitress x3
Department: Food & Beverage
Reports To: Food & Beverage Manager
The Waiter/Waitress will take orders and serve food and beverages to in house and walk in clients. S/he will always ensure Guest satisfaction to deliver the perfect service experience maintaining professionalism at all times whilst achieving profitability in line with budget.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares tables by setting up linens, silverware and glasses.
- Checks dishes and kitchenware for cleanliness and presentation and reports any problems to the supervisor.
- Arranges table settings and maintain a tidy dining area before, during and after service.
- Greets and escorts guests to their tables.
- Presents menus and provides detailed information when asked (e.g. about portions, ingredients or potential food allergies).
- Maintains an up-to-date working knowledge of the menu items and daily specials. Inform guests of the day’s specials.
- Explains the menu items in terms of preparation, ingredients and presentation.
- Answers inquiries about food and beverage items on the menu.
- Offers menu recommendations upon request and up-sells food and beverage items and additional products when appropriate.
- Takes food and beverage orders accurately including any special requests.
- Checks guests’ IDs to ensure they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Pre-sets tables for the orders and work with kitchen team to process and speed up food orders.
- Uses established food handling and serving techniques to ensure that hygiene and guest expectations are met at all times.
- Ensures guests are satisfied with their food orders, beverages and service.
- Monitors guests’ needs and promptly handle requests.
- Handles guests’ complaints in a polite and professional manner.
- Delivers bills and collect payments.
- Complies with safety, health and hygiene policies and procedures.
Skills and Specifications
- Have a good knowledge and understanding of Food and Beverage operations.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills, with the ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work effectively within a team and under minimal supervision.
- Has an eye for detail and understanding of drink mixing tools and techniques.
- Able to operate a point-of-sale system.
- Must be exemplary in grooming and personal hygiene.
- Integrity, honesty and accountability in all dealings.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Attentiveness and patience for customers.
- Working knowledge of beer, wine, liquor and common beverages.
- Must have secondary School certificate.
- Minimum of certificate in Hotel and Hospitality studies.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
Due to the long hours of standing involved on this job, this position requires an individual to be physically fit and able stand for long periods of time. S/he must be able to work both day and night shifts and when required.
Forward a Cover letter, Curriculum Vitae and relevant academic certificates strictly as one document to [email protected] Closing date: 2nd August, 2022. Only candidates that meet the criteria are advised to apply.