Copperbelt Energy (CEC)
We invite applications from suitably qualified and innovative individuals to take up the position of Advisor – Public Relations to be based at our Head Office in Kitwe.
The successful candidate will take an active role in effectively communicating the Company’s value proposition to its various stakeholders, intended to achieve understanding of and support for its vision and growth strategies by delivering targeted messages using a wide range of media channels and, on the other hand, enabling the Company to accurately understand the interests of its stakeholders in achieving mutual understanding.
- Participate in formulating public relations strategy plans, policies and procedures.
- Facilitate the sharing of accurate information with peers, between management and staff, and among different departments of the Company.
- Monitor relevant industry conversations with a view to advising management on and formulating appropriate Company participation in those conversations as necessary.
- Work with the Senior Manager – Corporate Communication to develop and implement media strategies and programs in support of the Company’s objectives.
- Possess a good understanding of industry and media trends and news cycles, and apply that knowledge to maximize pitching opportunities.
- Possess sound knowledge and experience working with new media, including digital and social media – campaigns, metrics and synthesizing this data and information into communication
- Cultivate and maintain positive relationships with key news media journalists and editors.
- Promptly attend to queries from the media in consultation with the Senior Manager – Corporate Communication.
- Actively participate in the production of multimedia Company communication collateral including, but not limited to, the in-house Company newsletter, brochures, presentations, videos, photographs, films and documentaries.
- Source and manage speaking and sponsorship opportunities for the Company and its senior executives.
- Produce and submit monthly and quarterly reports and as requested.
- Monitor and appropriately update information on the Company’s intranet.
- Organize the Company’s participation in events, such as conferences, exhibitions, open days, media briefings, press tours and Company plant tours by various stakeholders.
To be successful in this role, you will be required to have:
- Grade 12 school certificate
- Degree in Public Relations, Corporate Communication or equivalent, from a reputable institution
- 5 years’ post-qualification industry experience (preferably in Energy, Mining, Telecommunications and Services)
- Excellent written communication abilities
- Media relations and interaction experience
- Experience with internal senior management and external stakeholder engagement
- Strategic planning experience
If you have the relevant experience and skills as indicated above, please use this link to complete the online job application form. Hard copy applications will not be accepted. The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday, 23rd September 2022.
Applicants are requested to provide daytime contact numbers and accessible email addresses. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.