Aflife Holdings Zambia Limited
AfLife Holdings Zambia Limited (AfHold) exists to widen financial services business offerings, enhance legal and regulatory compliance in business flow processes and also enhance shareholder value. The Group offers centralized functions including group finance, risk and compliance, Information Communication Technology, Tax, strategic marketing & branding, human resources and administration, business incubation and support services.
The AfHold Group comprises of five (5) strategic business units (SBUs), namely; Benefits Consulting Services Limited (BenCon), African Life Financial Services Limited (AfLife), AfLife Capital Zambia Limited (AfCap), AfLife Properties Limited (AfProp) and Zambian Home Loans (ZHL) collectively referred to as AfHold Group. The consortium of SBUs is strategically poised to serve world class, diversified and professional wealth management, financial management, property development, mortgage finance and capital advisory services to both institutional and retail clients and other corporate entities of all types domestically and globally.
We are seeking a skilled and experienced profession to take up this exciting role of Company Accountant.
VACANCY: Company Accountant
- Facilitate company reporting requirements
- Ensure company cash flows are sufficient for operations at all times
- Ensure compliance with various Regulatory requirements
- Ensure compliance of internal controls for company payments are adhered to by various stakeholders
1. Regulatory Payment and Monthly Returns: to ensure all applicable taxes are paid and Returns are done timeously on a monthly basis
2. Company payments and updating of accounting records
3. Monthly preparation of Journals for preparation of financials
4. Analyzing all the suspense accounts and clearing of the same timeously on a monthly basis
5. Reconciliations with external debtors/creditors as and when the need arises
6. Ensuring all payroll entries for all the companies are captured on time
7. Updating of cashbooks on a daily basis
8. Raising all company payments except payroll related and ensuring that proper documentation is attached to the requisitions
9. Facilitating and providing all the relevant documentation for the various inspections that the company is subjected to from time to time as guided by the Supervisor
10. Ensuring all rental receipts are received within the stipulated time by the Property Managers and the attaching tax certificates are in place for all the services provided by AfHold
11. Ensuring all tax receipts are received from ZRA on time and filed correctly
12. Preparing Company and Group management accounts
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS & FUNCTIONAL / TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Full ACCA, BSc in Accounting, Finance or a related field.
- At least three (3) years working experience with hands on for preparation of set of books for a company
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS
- Honest and trustworthy
- Hardworking with minimal supervision
- Critical reliability
- Self-driven and must have initiative to be proactive and not reactive
- Eye for detail to ensure internal controls are adhered to at all times
- Proven experience in a similar role
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding targets
- Problem-solving aptitude and Ability to work well with a team
Suitable candidates are required to send their application & Curriculum vitae to [email protected]
Closing date for applications is 10th November, 2023.
Afhold is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is non-discriminatory on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability, nor ethnic grouping.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.