AFRICA PANORAMA INVESTMENT GROUP LTD
We are looking for an Operations Officer to manage overall operations in Kitwe who will be responsible for the effective and successful management of drivers on the trip and safety measures as established and set for the Operations Department. Ensure safe and efficient operations. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsible for selecting and maintaining trucks in order to keep deliveries and distributions on schedule and within their established budget
- Ensure that accurate record keeping, accounting and reporting are maintained.
- Planning routes and load scheduling for drivers
- Formulate vehicle fleet management strategy across different plans
- Motivate colleagues at organizational level to develop innovative solutions for driving change
- Booking subcontractors and ensure that they deliver within agreed terms
- Maintain safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following and enforcing standards procedures and complying with safety procedure
- Anticipate emerging transport operations parameters to determine future resource requirements
- Communicate importance of achieving cargo handling time frame outcomes with efficient use of resources
- Communicate key messages resulting from transport operation’s data analysis to key stakeholders
- Identify strategic priorities of each specific transport link in development of plans
- Manage overall transportation operations, including the transport of dangerous goods and chemicals
- Review areas in logistics operations where technology can enhance processes
- Review cargo consolidation plans to identify savings in space, cost and efficiency
- Excellent geographical knowledge
- Good people management and coordination skills
- Clear communication, analytical and good numeracy skills
- Extensive knowledge of the transportation industry
- Computer Literacy to effectively operate and manipulate online management systems
- Grade 12 full Certificate
- Bachelor degree or Diploma in transportation/logistics or Certificate in logistics
- At least 3 years experience in the same field.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidate who meet the above specifications should apply enclosing their detailed CV together with references, certified copies of educational and professional qualifications, contact address, phone number (s) and email address and send them to hr.africapa[email protected] by Thursday, 31st October, 2023 at 17 hours.