Website Africa Personnel Services Ltd
Think Staff. Think APS
At Africa Personnel Services, our people are the most important resource. We pride ourselves in the quality of our employees and ensure employees condone all our values. Our international business is built on sound Human Capital principles, while offering all our clients the highest levels of loyalty, integrity, and respect. Since 1996, we have been facilitating livelihoods for thousands of people across Africa and beyond.
We are looking to recruit a Truck Driver to be responsible for the safe transportation and delivery of all sorts of goods and agricultural products. If this is you, we would love to hear from you.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive and operate trucks.
- Follow instructions; locate and read location and road maps.
- Pre-inspect truck.
- Pick up goods and materials, verify loads for accuracy, and deliver them as instructed.
- Load and unload goods.
- Responsible for basic vehicle maintenance; comply with all safe work practices, policies, and processes always.
- Complete and verify paperwork for accuracy.
- Plan routes and meet delivery schedules.
- Document and log work/rest periods and kilometers spent driving and retain fuel/toll receipts.
- Comply with truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking, and break periods) as well as with company policies and procedures.
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions.
Skills and Qualifications
- Traffic laws/ DOT regulations/ driving knowledge
- Long haul truck driver experience preferred of at least 3 to 5 years.
- Ability to lift 80 pounds repeatedly throughout day.
- Able to pass assessment tests.
- Clean driving record
- Valid G or DG license.
- Valid Passport
- Valid Belsam
- Valid Police clearance of less than 6 months old.
- Ability to drive 30 and 34 ton semi and interlink trucks
- All drivers to have cross-border experience
- Must be familiar with the Congo to Durban routes
- Listening and verbal communication skills
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- minimum 3 years experience with these trucks
- Class G or Class DG
- Long haul driving experience.
KINDLY NOTE THE FOLLOWING.
- ALL CVs shared must be in PDF FORMAT and the position being applied for must be clearly indicated in the subject line of your email.
- Attach at least 3 traceable references WITH THEIR EMAIL ADDRESSES.
- Valid email addresses of references must be included on the reference list.
- Copies of License must be attached to the applications.
- Full names must be the title of the CV. Eg Mulenga Mutale Cv.
- Any application that does not follow the above instructions WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.