African Parks Zambia
African Parks is a non-profit conservation organization founded in 2000 that manages 22 National Parks and protected areas in 12 countries 20 million hectares. This is achieved through long-term agreements with national governments, putting in place funding solutions and establishing good governance and management to achieve ecological, social and financial sustainability.
The Tourism Supervisor is a key member of the Liuwa Plain National Park (LPNP) team, playing an integral role as a link between Tourism Management and tourism operations. Reporting to the Commercial Development Manager, the Tourism Supervisor’s main responsibility is ensuring the tourism facilitates in LPNP are at a high standard.
The main responsibilities include:
- Tourism Operational Management
- Manage all operational aspects of the facilities ensuring high standards are kept.
- Undertake regular visits and quarterly inspections to ensure all facilities are running optimally.
- To assist in the expansion of the tourism product portfolio through the development of new tourism products, in line with LPNP business, social and conservation goals and objectives.
- Merchandise and Staff Management
- Identifying merchandise sellable in the reception office/tourism centre and with permission, procure the merchandise.
- Keep stock/merchandise flow in check and ensure that merchandise is always neat.
- Liaison with Human Resources to ensure all Camp staff details and documentation is complete and up to date.
- Identifying training needs and implementing in house training on Request and Tall order.
Capabilities, competencies and experience needed for the job
- Diploma in Tourism or any conservation-related field with 3 years’ experience in tourism industry.
- Holder of a valid Class B or higher driving license.
- Trained or knowledge of Request and or Tall order systems.
- Fully computer literate, good organizational skills, and team player.
- Fluent English and Lozi (written and spoken).
African Parks Zambia is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested and qualified candidates must submit their CV with a covering letter describing their suitability for the role. All applicants must include at least 3 contactable references.
Application must be submitted to the Regional Human Resources Manager, by email to [email protected] by 15 February 2024.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com