To be based in Ndola and reporting to the Financial Controller -Emerging Africa in South Africa , the incumbent shall be responsible for providing effective financial decision-making support in respect of Afrox Zambia Limited Subsidiary , delivering focused and timely business performance information, ensuring that control measures are in place to safeguard the income and assets in the business by following best operating practices, analyzing and interpreting financial performance against targets, ensuring all capital expenditure and investments are properly justified and effective working capital management controls exist.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Being the main liaison with Internal as well as External Auditors
- Assisting the Project Management Office with cost efficiency projects identification and reporting
- Effective and efficient introduction of new financial and administrative systems, procedures and processes as well as the standardization thereof throughout the business
- Development and implementation of financial process protocols and provision of advice on improvements in the efficiency of the information capturing and interfacing processes
- Data management and implementation of internal controls to ensure that system and master data integrity and accuracy is managed
- Ensuring good corporate governance is practiced in the business
- Developing and implementing policies, procedures and controls which would ensure a good control environment in the business
- Ensuring that asset records are kept up to date through physical verification of assets and the timely capitalization of fixed assets
- Control capital expenditure and reporting
- Effective and efficient working capital management (stock, debtors and creditors)
- Preparation, analysis, interpretation and timely reporting of monthly results
- Preparation of annual financial statements in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards
- Preparing and reporting on the annual capital and operating budget including sales, overhead, production and distribution budget
- Providing efficient company secretarial services by ensuring that all statutory requirements are met including submission of annual returns
- ACCA level 3/Bachelor of Accountancy.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Strong computer skills, business acumen and a sound knowledge of accounting systems
- Team Player
- Must be a member of The Zambia Institute Chartered Accountants