Website AGL Zambia Limited
AGL (Africa Global Logistics) is the reference multimodal logistics operator (port, logistics, sea and rail) in Africa.
The company is now part of the MSC Group, a leading shipping and logistics group. Having developed its expertise over more than a century and with more than 23,000 employees working in 49 countries, AGL provides its African and global customers with global, customized and innovative logistics solutions, with the goal of contributing in a sustainable way to the transformations of Africa. AGL is also present in Haiti and Timor.
AGL Zambia Limited is pleased to announce an incredibly exciting opportunity to join the Human Resources team at our Lusaka Head Office as Senior Human Resource Officer.
How You Will Impact AGL Zambia Ltd?
Under the general supervision of the Human Resource Manager, the Senior HR Officer will be responsible for the provision of Human Resource expertise by way of support and guidance to management and staff ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures and will have the following functions and responsibilities.
- To interact proactively with management and staff at all levels of the organisation in the resolution of HR issues.
- To offer HR support and advice to management and staff to ensure the enhancement of both employee engagement and performance levels.
- Provide expertise and support to Line Managers.
- Provide assistance on the interpretation of the Labour laws.
- Participate in staff inductions.
- Conduct entrance and exit interviews.
- General administration and HR effectiveness.
- Assist with general matters relating to HR.
- Have accountability for leave provisions and SAGE 300 administration.
- Efficiently manage HR queries.
- Render professional advice and counselling with regards to labour related matters.
- Ensure staff are properly informed about their rights and obligations in terms of the disciplinary and grievance procedure.
- Chairing disciplinary, incapacity and grievance hearings.
- Minimize risk to the company by overseeing / managing the various processes followed (i.e. grievances, disciplinary enquiries, incapacity enquiries poor work performance assessments, PIP etc..)
- Ensure all processes are aligned to legislation, company policies, procedures, and precedent.
- Maintain a register of current ER matters and compile monthly stats and outcomes.
- Provide Support to Bargaining Unit and Trade Unions.
- Actively involved in managing and maintaining a good relationship between trade unions and AGL Zambia.
- Involvement in the negotiating of organizational rights agreements with recognized unions where applicable.
- Liaise with the Union representatives to ensure all communication are channeled through the acceptable platforms, sign-offs on all correspondence between Management and the Unions.
- Conduct job grading and gap analyses in accordance with the policies.
- Assist HR admin with advice on how to effectively manage excessive sick leave cases.
- Contribute towards the development and implementation of HR and ER programs and initiatives.
- Participate in the evaluation of risks specifically related to non-compliance with legislation and policy.
- Participate in facilitating of training for supervisors/ managers on Labour Relations Matters.
- · Identify training needs in line with trends, i.e. poor work performance and discipline.
- Manage the administration of Time and Attendance System.
- Act as liaison between AGL Zambia Ltd and labour broker service providers.
- Providing advice to recruitment on recruiting aligned to employment equity plan for the business ensuring that internal recruitment requisitions are approved.
- Conduct internal and external benchmarks and initiating Sesame process for recruitment purposes.
- Screening and conducting interviews with line managers when required.
- Ensuring quality candidates are provided by labour brokers for various supply chain projects.
- Assisting the recruitment team with conducting induction for new employees and completion of all mandatory training programs.
- Ensure that the quality of On-boarding is of high standard to promote Employer of Choice.
- Consulting with employees on promotions, transfers, lateral moves and any other contractual changes.
- Any other delegated tasks deemed as reasonable as assigned by the reporting manager.
- Ensure that all TalentSoft appraisals are followed up and completed by Line Managers
- Drive engagement programs with employees to drive employee motivation
- Attend staff meetings and other engagement programs for employees
What You Need to Succeed
- Grade 12 School Certificate
- Bachelor’s degree in HR/Business Administration or Degree in a related field.
- 3-4 years HR experience is required
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to use own initiative with minimal supervision
- Must have well developed knowledge of and experience in the application of HR procedures and practices
- Must have experience working with Unions and Bargaining Councils
- Must have sound working knowledge of Zambian Labour Laws
- Must be a Member of the Zambia Institute of Human Resources (ZIHRM)
- Be able to adapt to a changing environment
- Excellent administrative skills and attention to detail
- Computer literate
To apply for this position, please send your application letter and curriculum vitae to the Human Resources Department email; [email protected] by the 31st of October 2023.