Website Agora Microfinance Zambia
Breaking the Barriers to Finance
Locations: Kalomo, Chirundu, Nyimba, Samfya, Sesheke, Serenje, Lukulu, Itezhi tezhi, Isoka, Nchelenge, Zambezi, Kasama and Kawambwa
Reports to: Area Manager
Minimum Qualification: Diploma in Business, Finance, Development, Economics, Agriculture or related field.
Agora Microfinance Zambia Limited (AMZ) is a licensed microfinance lending company that currently operates in all the provinces of Zambia in 36 branches and excited to expand to four new districts (branches) in January, 2024. The mission of AMZ is to ‘Contribute to the economic well-being of the poor through effective provision of appropriate financial services.’
The Client Officer (CO) manages all Village Bank (VB) activities (training, collections, cashflow assessments, monitoring clients’ livelihoods, etc.) complying always with the Operations Policy and Procedures and maintaining good relations with clients as well as accurate records of cash movements.
- Diploma in Business, Finance, Economics, Development, Agriculture or related field.
- Good written and spoken English and ability to speak the local language in the respective area.
- Strong commitment to work in the field.
- Ability to ride a motorbike or strong willingness to learn as it is the only mode of transport.
- Good interpersonal Skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Good calculation and explanation in numbers.
- Police Clearance Certificate and Medical will be required upon being offered the job.
- AMZ products information dissemination- Chair village bank meetings to disseminate information on AMZ loan products to clients.
- Training clients- Train the group leaders and all the members about their roles and responsibilities in the group.
- Loan application fill in and appraisal- Ensure that loan application both group and individual loans are properly filled in and evaluated before sending to the Supervisor for his/her evaluation.
- Loan management- Ensure that the loans are disbursed in accordance to the need and repayment capacity of the clients and AMZ policies and monitoring loan utilization of the members to ensure the good quality.
- Recording and cash handling- Ensure that all transactions related to loan and savings are recorded properly and also cash handling are managed in the good manner.
- Policies adherence- Ensure that all policies are implemented as per AMZ Operations policy.
- Problem solving- Solve the problem occurrence in the groups.
- Reporting- Report to Supervisor issues occurring in the village Banks.
- Any other tasks are requested by the Supervisor.
ALL applications (Curriculum Vitae and Cover letter in PDF format) should be sent to [email protected] by Friday 17th November, 2023 at 17:00hrs. Physical applications can be taken to the nearest AMZ office in your town.
Applications for future consideration in other locations can also be sent to the same email through out the year and will be considered as and when opportunities arise.
Subject of the email should include – Name, Position and Location you are applying for. For example, ‘’Mutinta Mwanza-Client Officer- Zambezi ‘’
AMZ is an equal opportunities employer.