Website Alistair Group
TO BE KNOWN AS THE COMPANY THAT MAKES AFRICA WORK BETTER
Take a look at your hands, are they are greasy, dirty and bruised? And yet are they also dexterous with the keyboard and do you find yourself designing your next component on the computer? If you are hands on, skilled in the workshop as well as the computer, enthusiastic, energetic, and hardworking, Alistair Group may have the position for you. Our opening for the Workshop Lead for our Road Freight division will give you the opportunity to not only manage a large workshop, but to build on the foundation we have created of being the most technologically driven maintenance facility in the region. We require an individual who strikes the right balance between hands on and process driven, with the capability to continue to innovate and grow. Alistair Group will offer the right candidate the necessary tools to grow and develop. If you have ever wanted to set the benchmark in maintenance then make the right move today with Alistair Group and apply for the Workshop Lead role!
- Management: have overall responsibility for ensuring that the requirements of this procedure are met.
- The Workshop Lead must ensure compliance with company policies and procedures and relevant Tanzanian legislation.
- Supervise daily activities of vehicle repair and maintenance operation to ensure proper performance and safety of all company vehicles and equipment.
- Provide leadership and supervision for reporting staff to meet company deliverables. Ensure all equipment and assets are designed, built, serviced and maintained in a safe, efficient and professional manner.
- Ensure all workshop and yard operations are undertaken in a safe, efficient, cost effective and professional manner.
- Plan and produce a preventative maintenance schedule not only for mechanical work but also visual aspects.DAY TO DAY TASKS
- Managing workshop activity – the Workshop Lead plans, assigns and reviews the work of all technicians in the workshop. Brief the supervisors who then supervise the work of the mechanics, Welders, Panel beaters and electricians.
- Managing safety – Actively support the Alistair Group Health, Safety, Environment and Quality vision and values.
- It is the responsibility of the Workshop Lead to ensure that the workshop is safely maintained, that all working areas are safe and that staffs are fully trained to do their job efficiently and safely.
- Managing staff – the Workshop Lead makes recommendations regarding the recruitment, discipline and promotion of employees, authorizes leave and overtime, advises employees on work related problems, evaluates and assesses employee performance.
- Liaising with other departments –co-ordinate the need for maintenance and repair of operational equipment with other employees/ departments.
The Workshop Lead is responsible for producing a monthly service report of the work/ breakdowns and tyre tasks conducted by the workshop, along with recommendations and feedback to management, some of these reports include:
Monthly workshop report- including breakdowns, amount of vehicles worked on, turn over time, fleet reliability and availability, tyre scrap report, equipment PPM calculator report and KPI’s for workshop staff.
EDUCATION / TRAINING
- Preferably holder a degree in an engineering or farming field.
- Five years’ working experience in a workshop, farm or in the bush.
- Minimum two years supervising/ managing experience.
Foundation course in health and safety in the workplace would be a plus.
- Advanced knowledge on Microsoft office suite, SAP, FMP, BUDINI software.SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Ability to direct and supervise personnel and coordinate workshop operations.
- Advanced speaking/ reading and writing skills in English.
Ability to operate all tools and equipment involved in vehicle repairs and resolve vehicle breakdowns would be a plus
Please ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advertisement.
To apply for this job please visit ajc.applytojob.com.