Website Alistair Group
TO BE KNOWN AS THE COMPANY THAT MAKES AFRICA WORK BETTER
We are looking for someone who can assist in our Clearing and Forwarding Department for our Zambian Operations.
Hours: Monday to Friday plus alternate Saturday mornings
Responsibilities and Duties
- Conducting physical verification on export, import and transit shipments.
- Cross check documents and ensure the correct documents are used for physical verification
- Addressing different queries that may arise from the customs and other agencies on a timely manner
- Obtain release order, gate passes and other permits pertaining clearance of the goods
- Ensure shipments are cleared from the border/warehouse and exit formalities are finalized within company timelines.
- Ensure clearance is done from all the necessary agencies at the border
- Maintain and submit all original receipts, releases and timely submit them to the office
- Establish and maintain a working relationship with customs and other government officials
- Perform any other relevant duties that may be assigned by the supervisor within the scope of the position
Qualifications and Skills
- A certificate in ordinary secondary education.
- Valid Zambia driving license.
- Ability to ride motorbike and safety conscious.
- 2 years’ experience in border operations
- Logistics / Service Support experience.
- Innovative and creative thinking.
- Strong initiative and problem-solving techniques.
- Strong Communication Skills.