Website Alistair Logistics Zambia
Making Africa work better!
Experience & qualifications:-
- A minimum of University Graduate Degree in any relevant discipline or equivalent vocational experience in Transport / Logistics service support
- LEAN SIX SIGMA (Desirable)
- Project Management (Desirable)
- Business Management (Desirable)
- Sales Training and Business Negotiation (Desirable)
- Leadership skills to motivate and inspire team members
- Clear communication skills ensuring clear and candid information
- Strong management skills ensuring efficient use of resources
- Computer Literacy to effectively operate and manipulate online management systems
- Faultless administration skills ensuring accurate and efficient procedures
- Problem solving skills to ensure obstacles to progress are overcome
Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain a register of approved Alistair Group (AG) Road Freight Subcontractors.
- For each subcontractor, maintain a register of authorised drivers and vehicles that are graded and registered as quality approved to carry AG Cargo.
- Ensure current Terms and Conditions are continually updated and are communicated and acknowledged by the subcontractor.
- Negotiating agreements for the transportation of AG Cargo back-to-back with client/customer terms and conditions. Special attention paid to free time and demurrage agreements.
- Generate Loading Confirmation documentation for the subcontractor detailing all subcontracted transportation of AG Cargo
- Create trip folders for all subcontracted transportation of AG cargo and ensure all documentation for the project is collated and submitted to financing for trip reconciliation and invoicing.
- Comply with current micro-financing arrangements and procedures provided to subcontractors.
- Ensure subcontractor operations staff are fully aware of all transit and journey management procedures and legal requirements and ensure their compliance.
- Assist the Subcontracting Lead with conducting due diligence inspections and/or annual reviews and provide support to any resulting subcontractor development action plans.
- Assist the AG Driver Training wing to deliver any required subcontractor driver training packages or briefings.
- Provide timely feedback (daily Reports) to the subcontractor, ensuring that all delays not caused by the subcontractor are communicated clearly.
- Special attention paid to management of expectations regarding free time, potential standing charge claims, and demurrage charges..
- Ensure all internal reporting procedures are followed and performance appraisal data capture is accurate and timely.
- Serving as a general assistant to the Subcontracting Lead seeking continual improvement and promoting best practices amongst the Road Freight team.