Website Aller Aqua Zambia Limited
Aller Aqua Zambia (AAZ) is a Zambian subsidiary of the global Al
JOB ADVERT – INVENTORY ACCOUNTANT
Aller Aqua Zambia Limited invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Inventory Accountant. The role reports to the Finance Planning & Analysis Manager and will be based in Siavonga.
The Inventory Accountant will be responsible for ensuring inventory related transactions are accurately and timely reconciled in the ERP, processing inventory receipts, inventory pricing and performing weight reconciliations accurately and timely.
- Ensure that inventory accounts are reconciled weekly.
- Review and verify raw material supplier invoices.
- Review and verify RM received weights with Weighbridge and supplier.
- Ensure the work is executed in accordance with accounting principles, policies and processes regulated by IAS/IFRS (Accounting standards) and AAZ.
- Ensure inventory receipts and dispatches are supported and matched to orders.
- Ensure inventory movements are authorized.
- Ensure month-end close journals/postings are correct and on time. These include inventory adjustments, stock counts, etc.
- Ensure Goods received notes and Delivery notes are shared with suppliers and customers for reconciliations.
- Resolve problems concerning all inventory accounts.
- Ensure effectiveness and efficiency of ad hoc reports.
- Ensure proper accounting records are kept for all inventory.
- Ensure accurate and timely preparation of the Net Working Capital report for on-ward circulation to Senior Management is done.
- Can-do mentality with the attitude to roll up the sleeves and get things done.
- High sense of urgency and energy in achieving set goals.
- Takes ownership of their work.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent communicator and natural diplomat, capable of seamlessly liaising with internal stakeholders on a constant basis.
- Ability to meet deadlines and to work independently or as a team member.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Full Grade Twelve School Certificate (GCE)
- Accounting Diploma, ZICA, CIMA, ACCA I or II.
- At least 3 years of previous experience in inventory.
Candidates meeting these requirements should apply to [email protected] enclosing a cover letter and their detailed resume by 22nd November 2022.