Website Alliance For Children Everywhere Zambia
Primary School Teacher (Helen DeVos Christian School)
Background: The Alliance for Children Everywhere is hiring a driven , hardworking, and capable teaching professional to take over our Grade Seven Class at Helen DeVos Christian School located in Kanyama area in Lusaka.
Alliance for Children Everywhere has been in existence for over 50 years, and in Zambia for over 22 years. In Zambia, our work spans orphans and vulnerable children, education, systems change for family based care, and community based family empowerment. We have over 100 employees or stipend positions, and our work impacts over 3,000 children.
We are now looking to hire a standout individual for our Grade 7 Class at the Helen DeVos Christian School. The high standards and pass rate maintained thus far have placed high expectations for this role. We will be looking for a self driven individual that is able to work creatively with minimum supervision. Responsibility and Accountability is right at the center of this role. If you are that individual looking to join an Organization (School) that places such importance on serving the most vulnerable and (children most especially) in our society then drop in an application.
Reporting: The position will be hired and domiciled at Helen DeVos Christian School. They will report directly to the Head Teacher .
- Prepares schemes of work, lesson plans and teaching aids for subjects taught.
- Writes records of work on a regular basis as agreed with the Section Head.
- Delivers lessons to pupils according to syllabus.
- Tests/examines pupils monthly and termly, compiles class performance records and maintains class registers/lists.
- Participates in school curriculum as assigned by the Section Head.
- Acts as a role model to pupils in the school in all areas of human endeavour.
- Displays a high standard of social behaviour and thereby contributing to the tone of discipline in the school.
- Punctual for all school activities and functions.
- Counsels pupils based on biblical principles, on any problem that may affect them or when need arises.
- Networks with other teachers on academic and professional issues within and outside the school.
- Carries out related instructions from supervisors on any assignment given from time to time.
Posting: Helen DeVos Christian School, Kanyama area, Lusaka, Zambia
Education: School Diploma (Primary School); ability to show drive, ingenuity and proactivity weigh more heavily than experience.
Start Date: As soon as Possible
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org