ALLTERRAIN SERVICES LTD
Allterrain Services Group-Zambia, Africa’s leading Catering service provider is looking for dynamic and self-motivated Zambians with proven performance to fill the existing vacant position at our Kalumbila project in Zambia as listed below;
SENIOR COOK – X 01 KALUMBILA
PURPOSE: Assisting the Head Chef to oversee the preparation, cooking and presentation of meals in the Kitchen and supervision of staff in the overall production of food.
The specific duties of the senior Cook will be as set out below but not limited to:
- Ensuring that a well-balanced meal is prepared at all times as per the instructions of the chef.
- Maintain your working area clean at all times by ensuring that you clean as you work.
- You will be required to observe very high standards of cleanliness and hygiene.
- You will help in the packing of food and serving food at the food counter.
- You will cook and serve in out of station areas i.e., functions like BBQ’s and parties as directed by your supervisor
- Report to your supervisor about any accidents or potential accidents that may occur in the kitchen.
- Help reduce any wastage or spoilage that may occur in the kitchen and support the chef in maintaining the required food cost level.
- Attend all meetings organized by the Chef and implement all that is agreed upon in the meetings.
- To ensure that you have your PPE on at all times and to work safely by ensuring that you adhere to all site regulations regarding safety, health and the environment.
- To be pro –active in all aspects of operational safety and encourage teamwork within the department
QUALIFICATIONS AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
Minimum of a certificate in food production or any equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform job duties may be considered
- Able to show initiative and have good interpersonal skills
- You must know how to use the cooking range, ovens and other modern kitchen equipment.
- Able to interact with personnel from other Departments
- Able to supervise a large kitchen brigade
- Be physically fit and be able to pass pre-employment and medical examinations.
- Creative, self-motivated, proactive and confident
- Creative with food items
- Experience managing a diverse team and strong willingness to build capacity of local staff
- Knowledge of food cost control principles
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of a variety of cuisines
If you meet the above criteria, email your application letter, curriculum vitae and copies of your qualifications to the Human Resource Officer on [email protected] not later than 2nd June 2022. Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within 30 days of your application, please consider your application unsuccessful.