Website ALTUS FINANCIAL SERVICES LIMITED
Assistant Accountant duties are likely to range from preparing financial statements and accounts, budgeting, managing ledgers, processing invoices, and preparing VAT returns.
The accountant provides whatever support is necessary to the Finance Manager.
Roles, Duties and Responsibilities
The Accountant will be expected to perform any of the following tasks:
- Preparation of Financial and Management Accounts.
- Formulation and continuous assessment of internal controls.
- Designing of procedure manuals.
- Preparation and posting of Journals.
- Liaising with external auditors.
- Preparation of audit packs.
- Posting of cash books and petty cash.
- Compilation of the Audit pack
- Filing B.O.Z, ZRA, NHIMA and NAPSA returns.
- Supervision of Junior Staff.
- Financial Management and advisory for senior management
- Payroll Reconciliations.
- Maintenance of the assets register.
- Preparation of annual budgets and monitoring thereof
- Project appraisal and management.
- General Ledger Reconciliations.
- Reconciling loan Book.
Specification and Qualification
Typical qualities of a successful candidates include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy, Diploma in Accounting, CIMA, ACCA
- Excellent excel skills
- Proactive individual focused on system and reporting improvements
- Payroll experience
- Experience in preparation of balance sheet accounts
- Over 3 years’ experience in the same/similar role.