Website Amref Health Africa In Zambia
Amref Health Africa is an International non-governmental organization founded in 1957 as flying doctors of East Africa to provide critical health care to remote communities in East Africa and has since grown to become the main African based international organization working in health development. AMREF is currently implementing more than 140 programmes and projects through its offices in Eastern, Western and Southern regions of Africa. AMREF’s vision is for “lasting health Change for Africa”. Its mission is to ensure that every African can enjoy the right to good health by helping to create a vibrant network of informed communities that work with empowered health care providers in strong health systems. We believe the power to transform Africa’s health lies within its communities. AMREF-Zambia is inviting applications from suitably qualified, motivated, hardworking and enthusiastic individuals to fill the vacant under the following position in its Zambia Country Office:
1 x Program intern
The Program Intern, reports to the Program Manager. He/she focuses on taking lead in technical/operations and support the Country Office in coordination, planning, organizing meetings and project activities and implementation as is required by the Country Office. In consultation with the Manager, the Program Intern undertakes the following core functions:
- Provides administrative and logistical support for the Country Office but not limited to planning, organising and following up on meetings deliberations.
- She/he will link Country Strategies with the projects being implemented when conducting activities
- Assist in preparing reports relating to the projects, contribute to project activities and processes in order to achieve desired outputs and results within the stipulated timeframes.
Planning Coordination and Implementation
- Assists the project in research, translating knowledge into policy, comes up with advocacy strategies, builds capacity of partners on advocacy, and provides technical support to projects being implemented in the Country.
- Further, with the guidance from the Program Manager and other program teams, provides support in implementation of the projects.
Documentation and reporting
- Develops frameworks for ensuring that the project runs effectively and assist in following up with officers on timely reporting.
- Liaising with relevant partners, stakeholders and collaborators at activity level.
- He/she is the link between the Department and the consultants’ facilitations.
Participating in operations research and documentation.
- Take lead in control and management of the department’s project resources and assets.
Budgeting and Financial Management
- Managing and participating in activity budgets including processing relevant financial transactions.
- In consultation with the Finance Unit ensures adherence to internal systems by ensuring that standard operating procedures for program implementation are adhered to including travel policy, procurement and asset management procedures HR procedures and financial systems.
Qualifications, experience and key competencies required:
- Degree in a social science, public policy degree or related fields
- Experience in project management, implementation, budget management, and reporting.
- Superior analytical, presentation, communication and reporting skills.
- Sound IT knowledge; word processing, spreadsheet, databases, presentations
- Able to work independently
- Able to work with people from all backgrounds
- Good leadership and communication skills
- A good command of English and local languages.
If you meet the above requirements, deliver your application letters (Clearly indicating the title of the position being applied for in the e-mail address subject line), copies of your qualifications, up-to-date CV with 2 traceable referees to the following address: [email protected]
Applications received later than 17:00hrs on 19th April, 2019, will not be considered. Selection Interviews to be conducted week beginning 13th May, 2019. Date of commencement to follow immediately soon for successful candidates.
Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.