Anthill Farm is fast growing farm specialized in horticulture, poultry and pig farming. The farm is located 80kms from Lusaka on Mumbwa road past the Situmbeko area. Anthill Farm hereby invites qualified candidates to apply for the role of Farm Manager.
The role of Farm Manager is to oversee and supervise farm operations such as livestock management, crop cultivation and vegetable production and other agricultural enterprises within the farm. The Farm Supervisor is responsible for supervising farm hands, therefore leadership skills are highly beneficial
- To plan, organize and control all operational activities from land preparation and planting to post harvest.
- To formulate, communicate and monitor fertilizer, weed control and pest and disease control programmes.
- Recruit, train and supervise farm workers – coordinate and direct their activities
- Ensures deadlines are met for activities such as seeding and harvesting
- Inspect farm buildings and equipment, ensuring routine maintenance is carried out and repairs are made when necessary
- Installation, maintenance and regular monitoring of irrigation system
- Supervise the set-up of houses for the livestock and carry out daily checks on the housing and animals.
- General livestock management that includes ventilation, feeding, vaccination etc.
- Supervise litter management and feed ordering
- Monitoring staff rosters, hours, performance and resolving any grievances
- To ensure discipline among subordinates.
- To train and coach subordinates.
The Required Qualifications are:
- Minimum qualification of Diploma in Agriculture
- A full Grade 12 Certificate
- 2 years experience as a Farm Manager in Zambia
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Be able to work with minimum supervision and have excellent management skills
- Must be computer literate
Ideal candidate must be willing to relocate and live on the farm away from Lusaka in an unelectrified area relying on solar power.
email your application to [email protected] before deadline on 30 November 2022