FHI 360 is a global development organization with a rigorous, evidence-based approach. Our professional staff includes experts in health, nutrition, education, economic development, civil society, environment and research. FHI 360 operates from 60 offices with 4,400 staff in the U.S. and around the world. Our commitment to partnerships at every level and our multidisciplinary approach enable us to have a lasting impact on the individuals, communities and countries we serve–improving lives for millions. We seek qualified candidates for the position of Application Analyst.
The Application Analyst provides support to end-users, internal users, or partners. This position will provide first line support for FHI 360 Enterprise Applications issues and activities throughout Africa and Asia, as well as issues related to desktop computers, laptops, printers, network connectivity, remote access and enterprise applications technology platforms such as electronic time collection (TESS Jumpstart), and field accounting (GFAS).
He/She may simulate or recreate a process to resolve operating difficulties and may interact with network services, software systems engineering, and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify and correct core problems. He/She works with the Regional IT Manager, US ISS Operations team, US ISS Infrastructure team, US Business Solutions teams, and US Financial Systems teams to coordinate support, project delivery, upgrades and routine tasks.
He/She works under the direct supervision of the Regional IT Manager.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provides level (1) user support and user training for enterprise applications such as: Deltek Time and Expense (TESS), GFAS Field Accounting, Workday, Office 365, Microsoft Dynamics and Salesforce
- Serves as the enterprise applications point of contact for Africa and Asia
- Serves as a project team member and assists with coordinating enterprise application upgrades, testing and deployments
- Promotes adoption and utilization of enterprise applications.
- If applicable, triage end user issues with enterprise applications to the appropriate application support team.
- Ability to describe services offered by Information Solutions and Services.
- Intake new work requests and route to appropriate team.
- Provide project startup support for all information technology needs including enterprise applications.
- Handles basic support of hardware, software, applications and operating systems, network printers and scanners, technical consultation and networking.
- May lead small projects to build project management/delivery capacity
- Performs software installations on company computers and configures applications as specified.
- Working knowledge and understanding with a variety of technologies to effectively support end- users.
- Plan and implement scheduled maintenance upgrades and software upgrades when necessary
- Provides desktop/user support
- Provide IT user training and documentation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact with a broad range of end-users and use various technical resources to provide support.
- Manages IT incidents/requests and escalates them to the Regional IT Manager as necessary
- Demonstrates ownership of customer issues and independently seeks solutions.
- Ensures compliance of FHI 360’s IT Policies
- Has ability to recognize situations that deviate from accepted practice and seeks managerial advice prior to taking action.
- Works under direct supervision and follows specific instructions.
- Does not change procedures without supervisor’s approval.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must speak and write fluent English
- Intermediate understanding of Information Technology industry practices.
- Solid knowledge and experience with incident management and operations services tools and systems.
- Basic to intermediate experience with a variety of enterprise applications such as Deltek Time and Expense, Office 365, Microsoft Dynamics and Salesforce. A willingness to increase knowledge and update skills as required.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite 2013 & 2016, Windows 7 & 10, Exchange 2010/2013, Active Directory. Basic knowledge of Cisco routers/switches and other networking devices. A willingness to increase knowledge and update skills as required.
- Skills in oral and written communication. Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of staff, individuals from diverse cultures, and the public.
- Ability to multi-task and self-motivate through assignments and routines.
3-5 years of experience providing end-user phone support for current PC desktop and application software OR installing, upgrading, troubleshooting and repairing personal computers in a network environment, supporting applications. Bachelor’s degree preferred, or the international equivalent. Vocational or specialized training; Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO). Equivalent combination of education and experience.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates can apply through FHI 360 career at https://www.fhi360.org/careers
The closing date for receiving all applications is Wednesday, October 17, 2018.
*Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.