Website Archie Hinchcliffe Disability Intervention
Cheshire Homes Society of Zambia in partnership with Archie Hinchcliffe Disability of Zambia will be implementing a four year project in Lusaka called Zambia Enhanced CBR Response project. This project is aimed at working towards improving the quality of life of children with disabilities.
Purpose of the Job
The project mission is to maintain and promote the smooth and efficient daily implementation of Zambia Enhanced CBR Response Project. She / He will provide management guidance support and trainings to the project team and stakeholders including disabled peoples organizations, service providers and local authorities in the implementation of activities in the project site.The Project Officer will manage the project in the organization and work in close cooperation with project staff to manage the implementation of the project especially ensuring:
i) liaison with all project stakeholders, including project partners, service providers, local authorities and participants at district and community levels.
ii) Implementation and management of operational plans, financial and programmatic monitoring and reporting according to the project cycle management and M & E mechanisms established at PO level.
iii) coordination of communication, documents, reports and publications at PO level to SPO.
She/He will maintain and promote smooth and efficient daily implementation of the project and its activities and an efficient and constructive liaison teams and stakeholders involved in the project.She / He will provide support,training and advice to the project team to develop and build their capacities and technical skills in service provisions.
in close coordination with the CBR coordinator at Cheshire Homes Society of Zambia the Project Officer is responsible for:
- managing project operations and developing and maintaining partnerships with stakeholders in the project sites.
- strengthen the project through networking and collaboration mechanisms among CBR partners and stakeholders at district level.
- support the practical competences of volunteers other staff and stake holders in disability inclusion and CBR practice in the district.
- support and contribute to the creating of an enabling environment for children with disabilities, including neglected groups e.g severe disability, intellectual disability, autism, to participate in issues that concern their quality of life in the district.
- preparing on a regular basis the project planning, monitoring, reporting, reviews and publications together with project internal and external stakeholders.
- actively contributing to the project evaluations, lessons learnt and to new projects assessments and design.
- providing guidance to CBR focal persons to enhance the quality of their own planning, monitoring, reporting, reviews and lessons learnt.
- Develop and revise together with the CBR coordinator the yearly project strategy, activity planning and budget.
- Develop monthly / quarterly and yearly work plans for the team members, ensuring appropriate support and follow up for their implementation .
- Document management : Maintain the paper and the digital archives
- Manage the project’s team by developing result -oriented yearly action plans, subdivided in quarterly plans
- ensure managerial support and guidance in the implementation of activities
- liaise closely with project team members and provide guidance in the relationships with partners.
- contribute to the development of reports for submission to the steering committee
- Ensure daily administrative contacts and communication between partners, project administration.
- Establish and maintain excellent communication between the project and the authorities and the third parties in the Districts.
- Provide general management support and guidance to project team for the implementation of activities, daily management or organization and technical development, as required and according to the need.
- Ensure that project implementation plans are executed according to the project plans.
- Organize and conduct regular review,meetings, with key stakeholders
prepare together with finance officer, financial reports or submission to CHSZ for validation and approval.
- The project Officer ensure the quality of project data and drafts reports for the CBR coordinator review
- Ensures the organization of major project meeting and events (e.g Monthly / Quarterly reviews ) and develop meetings minutes / actions points.
- Diploma in Project management, Development Studies or any other relevant qualification.
- A bachelor Degree will be an added advantage.
Essential Other requirement:
- Experience in working in the community and with volunteers
- Experience in working with multiple stakeholders
- At least 3 years experience working in the field of disability, rehabilitation, development or social work.
- Experience of developing and managing effective relationships with government ministries / departments and other stakeholders .
- Ability to work with rural and vulnerable communities
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills ( English)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to work in a team environment
- Experience in managing institutional donor funds
- Ability to work independently and ready to work outside normal work hours.
- Good understanding of budgets and financial management
- Excellent computer knowledge and skills.
How to apply
Applicants must submit their CV and cover letter to [email protected]