Purpose of Role
To safely execute work according to the prescribed standards while ensuring the safety of self and others.
The holder of this position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- Maintenance works in the Back End and M.I.G welding will be an added advantage
- Carry out daily inspections on the Thickeners, CCD’s, Clarifiers and All Treatment Equipment.
- Working with Stainless Steel.
- General fabrication
- Provide training and development opportunities for all direct reports on an ongoing basis, with a particular focus on Zambian employees
- Develop and manufacture cable racking bends and off-sets and install
- Full welding skills-vertical up, horizontal (stick welding)
- Be able to work with minimal supervision
- Use oxy and Acetylene cutting torches.
- Able to read and work from schematic drawings and on site variations.
- Other duties as directed by the Supervisor
- Minimum of a Grade 12
- Craft Certificate from recognised institution
- A member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ)
- A minimum of 3 years relevant experience
- Bold initiative
- Thinking safely
- Upholding quality
- Technical Skill
- Driving quantity
- Driving attendance
- Standby and overtime where required
- Exposure to noise / dust
- Working at heights
- Working in confined spaces