At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
Responsible for the execution of all auto electrical work and Air-conditioning repairs on various vehicles, Drills, Earth moving machineries and ancillary equipment in a safe and timely manner to client standards and specifications.
- Perform auto electrical work on vehicles, Drills and heavy equipment machinery
- Design and build auto electrical systems required to support operational functions per management instructions.
- Prepare wiring diagrams and specifications for low voltage electrical equipment applications per management instructions.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Assist to determine critical spare parts in order to generate strategic critical list and reasonable stock level for spare parts.
- Help design, wire or re-wire electrical circuits to improve the reliability of the electrical equipment.
- Prepare sketches or follow blueprints to determine the location of wiring and equipment and to ensure conformance to building and safety codes.
- Ensure that maintenance objectives are effectively communicated to optimize machine availability.
- Ensure that stock levels of electrical equipment are maintained in the warehouse and report all defective or substandard equipment to your direct Supervisor.
- Diagnose and repair electrical faults in various vehicles, Drills and machinery
- Maintain work area/s in a satisfactory condition and ensure compliance with Workplace Health and Safety requirements
- Installation of new Electrical system, replacement of old, faulty or redundant electrical system as per the company safety and quality specifications.
- Adhere to the company planned and preventive maintenance schedules and procedures.
- Ensure all backlogs are done as per scheduled and attend to breakdowns.
- Ensure that all safeties on machine are in good operational condition.
- Other duties as instructed by the Supervisor.
- Minimum of a Grade Twelve Certificate (Grade 12)
- Craft Certificate in Auto Electrical Repairs / Equivalent from recognized institution
- Member of EIZ
- Craft certificate in refrigeration management will be added advantage.
- Varied driver `s license.
- A minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience as a qualified Auto Electrician
- Must have good working experience on Drills, Ancillary Equipment, and Earth Moving Machines.