Purpose of the role:
- The position of the fitter is to maximize plant availability through, maintaining the operational integrity of the plant & equipment in order to achieve production targets. Reporting directly to the Maintenance Supervisor – Overhead & Portal Cranes, you shall be responsible for the maintenance of cranes.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform all plant maintenance tasks in a safe, timely and to a high quality and preventing any rework.
- Be a self-starter and able to work with both autonomously and as part of a team.
- Demonstrate a commitment to workplace safety and the safety of your co-workers.
- Be accurate, methodical, practical and safety-conscious when installing and maintaining mechanical equipment.
- Carry out planned maintenance jobs as per OEM Standard and work order completion.
- Prepare accurate service and repair reports in a timely manner.
- Repair and service all plant equipment products within the established standards.
- Ensure good housekeeping practices are maintained by cleaning up before, during and after every task.
- Have the ability to diagnose faults with equipment through observation.
- Have the ability to take care of available hand tools.
- Assist in the proactive identification of repair and maintenance works required.
- Ensure that all completed work orders are closed out with accurate time confirmations
- Be able to work overtime if the need arises.
- Be able to adhere to the safety requirements of the task.
- Ensure that all tools, plant and equipment are kept in good condition, meet required safety standards and are available for use when required.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Grade 12 Certificate.
- A minimum of a Craft Certificate in Mechanical Fitting.
- A qualification in an Electrical field will be an added advantage.
- 3 years’ cranes maintenance experience in a mining or similar industry
Behavioural Traits & Skills:
- The ability to make informed decisions.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- A positive, self-motivated and conscientious attitude.
- Detail Orientation.
- Problem Solving.
- Team player.