Requisition Number: 505447
Contract Type: Fixed Term
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
The holder of this position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- Interpret Engineering Drawings and Identify Machine Drawings & Symbols.
- Perform Straight Turning, Boring, Thread Cutting on a Lathe Machine.
- Produce Milling Flat Surface on a Milling Machine.
- Be able to Dismantle, Assemble and Install Gearbox.
- Be able to dismantle, Assemble and Test centrifugal Pump.
- Understand Basic Hydraulics and understand Hydraulic Drawings (identify Components)
- Understand Basic Pneumatics and understand Pneumatic Drawings (identify Components)
- Be able to identify various types of Sealing Arrangements and their application.
- To be able to understand and explain the purpose of Lubrication and demonstrate the various types of Lubrication.
- Be able to use the various types of measuring equipment (tape, verniers, micrometers)
- Be able to maintain and align various types of Couplings. Identify various types of misalignment, do alignment with feeler gauge & DTI.
- Identify various types of Bearings. Be able to remove and fit the different types of Bearings.
- Identify the Various Components on a Conveyor Belt.
- Be able to grind tool bits and drill bits for reuse.
- Understand and identify the various types of compressors.
- Be able to competently use hand tools (hacksaw, files, drills, taps and dies and angle grinders.
- Provide training and development opportunities for all direct reports on an ongoing basis, with a particular focus on Zambian employees
- Other duties as instructed by the Supervisor
Applications close: 29 May 2019 FLE Daylight Time