To fabricate and install pipes, tubes, fittings, and related equipment, according to specifications, by brazing, cementing, soldering, and threading joints.
This position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- Participate in continuous improvement and optimization methods.
- Lay out full scale drawings of pipe systems, supports, and related equipment.
- Assemble and secure pipes, tubes, fittings, and related equipment, according to specifications, by welding, brazing, cementing, soldering, and threading joints.
- Attach pipes to walls, structures and fixtures, such as radiators or tanks, using brackets, clamps, and tools.
- Inspect, examine, and test installed systems and pipe lines, using pressure gauge, hydrostatic testing, observation, or other methods.
- Measure and mark pipes for cutting and threading.
- Plan pipe system layout, installation, or repair according to specifications.
- Select pipe sizes and types and related materials, such as supports, hangers, and hydraulic cylinders, according to specifications.
- Installation of mechanical equipment, pumps, valves, gearboxes, fans, couplings, conveyor belts, hydraulic systems, compressors and other mechanical equipment not listed.
- Alignment of mechanical equipment as per requirement.
- Other duties as instructed by the Supervisor
- Minimum of a Grade Twelve (Grade 12)
- Craft Certificate from recognised institution
- Must have an EIZ certificate
- A minimum of 3 years relevant experience as a qualified Fitter
- Bold initiative
- Thinking safely
- Upholding quality
- Technical Skill
- Driving quantity
- Driving attendance
- Standby and overtime where required
- Exposure to noise / dust
- Working at heights
- Working in confined spaces
- Working in a hot metal plant environment
To apply for this job please visit www.first-quantum.com.