At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
To safely execute all maintenance repairs on all heavy equipment on site according to the prescribed standards while ensuring the safety of self and others.
- Maintains diesel equipment operation by completing inspections and preventive maintenance requirements.
- Examine parts for damage or excessive wear, using micrometers and gauges Keeps equipment available for use by inspecting and testing equipment; completing preventive maintenance such as, engine services, oil changes and defect identification.
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions to determine required repairs and calibration devices.
- Verifies equipment serviceability by conducting live tests, adjusting controls and systems.
- Dismantle and reassemble heavy equipment using hoists and hand tools.
- Clean, lubricate, and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment.
- Complete all work orders by recording the required information.
- Perform housekeeping before, during and after work.
- Identify and report all hazards in the workplace.
- Keeps workshop equipment operational by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Repair and service all heavy equipment products within the established standards.
- Repair, service and test all heavy equipment in workshops and field (requires driving to down equipment)
- Other duties as instructed by the Supervisor.
- Grade Twelve (Grade 12)
- Minimum Craft Certificate in HER from a recognised institution
- Minimum class B Unrestricted Driver’s Licence (class C1 added advantage)
- Holder of current Valid EIZ membership
- A minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience in relative role.
- Must have good working experience on Loaders, Graders, Dozers
- Experience with Liebherr Dozers, Komatsu (D275,D375,D475,WA500,WA900,GD675,GD825)
- Hydraulic/fuel system contamination control training (Added advantage)