At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
To safely execute all maintenance repairs on all heavy equipment on site according to the prescribed standards while ensuring the safety of self and others.
- Maintains diesel equipment operation by completing inspections and preventive maintenance requirements.
- Examine parts for damage or excessive wear, using micrometers and gauges Keeps equipment available for use by inspecting and testing vehicles; completing preventive maintenance such as, engine tune-ups, oil changes, tire rotation and changes, wheel balancing, replacing filters.
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions to determine required repairs, using engine diagnostic equipment such as computerized test equipment and calibration devices.
- Verifies vehicle serviceability by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
- Complies with state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards.
- Dismantle and reassemble heavy equipment using hoists and hand tools.
- Clean, lubricate, and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment.
- Maintains vehicle records by recording service and repairs.
- Keeps workshop equipment operational by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Repair and service all heavy equipment products within the established standards.
- Other duties as instructed by the Supervisor.
- Minimum of a Grade Twelve (Grade 12)
- Craft Certificate in HER from a recognized institution
- Valid Driver’s License
- Member of EIZ
- A minimum of 3 years relevant experience in relative role.
- Must have good experience on Ancillary equipment (Dozer, Loader, Grader)