At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
A key role within the company to support our maintenance operations, the hose assembly technician is responsible for assembling and testing hydraulic hoses to ensure they are fit for purpose to meet the high standards set by the company.
- Attend daily safety pep talk at the beginning of every shift.
- To carry out Hose assembly using a variety of hoses for industrial and hydraulic purposes.
- To follow and comply with all safety rules and regulations in accordance with the organization’s Safety Manual System, at all times.
- To perform both low and high pressure testing procedures on different types of equipment in accordance with the mining regulation.
- To be able to identify and use all types of hoses for the purposes specified by the end user.
- To be familiar with all supplied fittings and their uses.
- Ability to operate all hose assembly machinery and equipment.
- To understand the procedures involved when testing both hydraulic and non-hydraulic hoses to very high pressures in conformity with the engineering standards.
- To trouble shoot and repair different types of grease and hydraulic pumps on the mine as assigned to by the workshop foreman.
- Installation and repair of hose reels, fuel nozzles and its associated gadgets on all service trucks and bays across the mine.
- Provide technical support across the mine on hydraulic and pneumatic components.
- To inspect and fill in pre-start check lists of all workshop equipment before commencement of work.
- To actively contribute to the overall team activities and promote good working practices.
- To be fully aware of component compatibility and competency in the use and knowledge of our products.
- To ensure that all tasks carried out meet company quality management system (QMS) procedures.
- Should be conversant with all mechanical workshop hand tools technology.
- Any other duties as and when assigned to by the workshop foreman.
- A minimum of a Craft Certificate in HER.
- Competence certificate in Hose Assembly
- Must be in possession of grade 12 school certificate or equivalent;
- Holder of EIZ certificate is an advantage; and
- Must be computer literate.
- Must have at least 3 years’ experience in assembling of hydraulic hoses