Zambia Sugar Plc
Zambia Sugar Plc, is a subsidiary of Illovo Sugar Africa (Pty) Ltd Group, and is the leading sugar producer in Zambia. Its main activities are the growing of sugar cane, the produdion and marketing of sugar and other sugar downstream products.
The Company invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the fdlowing positions in the Agriculture Department:
POSITION: ARTISAN – MECHANICAL FITTER (1 POSITION, GRADE C2)
The position reports to the Maintenance SupeMsor and operates within the Irrigation section of the Agriculture function.
The successful candidate will troubleshoot, Service and Maintain irrgation installations, ensuring Irrigation mechanical and structural equipment is in good condition and available on a continuous basis (Plant Reliability), through efficient and cost effective maintenance for the Agriculture Function at Zambia Sugar
Key performance areas
- Able to maintain sustainable professional relations with operations and Maintenance supervisors and operators.
- Carry out daily/weekIy/quarterty physical inspections of valves, pipelines, pumps and associated machinery and equipment.
- Conduct general rigging jobs in the plant, as and when requested by the maintenance supervisor.
- Clean, maintain and repair mecnanical parts, components end equipment as directed by the Supervisor, on Pumps, Valves, Pipelines and others.
- Record findings on checklists, and provide accurate feedback as per Maintenance Matrix or AMP work requirements; as well as provide input into updating procedures and methods to reduce downtime & improved equipment/device performance & Reliability.
- Assess and evaluate equipment faults/Detects – using RCA (5-Why) methodology, investigate equipment/device errors, malfunctions, and failures and recommend improvements.
- Conduct preventive maintenance and statutory examination of all lifting equipment, & ensure pulley and blocks are properly attached to beams, ceilings and pole booms.
- Perform inspections of ladders, scaffolds and rescue equipment, ensure replacement of worn out ropes on lifting equipment
- Assist the crane operator to lift equipment or material that is required to be moved or lifted, & to take charge of materials movement and bear the responsibility for materials during such lifts.
- To assist during load testing of cranes and hoists and Able to estimate the lift to ensure that proper rated cranes or equipment are selected before any attempt is made to lift it
- Attend to repairs and breakdowns as and when required, to effectively and safely work within alowable MTR for that specific equipment/devices, and apply methodological techniques to carry out corrective maintenance.
- Plan and organise work and resources for stop-day, shutdown and off-crop jobs and communicate requirements for the job to the supervisor as well as progress on a daily basis.
- Ensure standby equipment is available at all times and ensure effective utilisation of time and resources.
- Ensure works comply with approved company procedures and standards prior to commencing and during work.
- Observe and follow all (Safety, Health, Environment Risk and Quality) SHERQ policies and procedures when carrying out maintenance works.
- Ensure correct use of tools on every task/assignment and safe guarding company provided tools and equipment.
- Ensure that all safety aspects regarding maintenance of the machinery are followed. i.e monthly inspections or audits on SHERQ issues in the area of responsibility.
Minimum specifications / requirements areas
- Mechanical Craft Certificate in Rigging, Fitting or equivalent or both
- Computer literacy essential
- 3 years maintenance experience in similar position, in a production, mine or process environment.
- Competency qualification in nggjng and Knowledge ot pumps and irrigation added advantage
- Ability to work well within a team unsupervised
- Strong communication skills
- Valid EIZ Membership
Candidates interested in applying for the above positions, should email detailed CV and copies of qualifications to [email protected] Be sure to indicate “CRM Technician” “Artisan – Mechanical Fitter” or “Artisan Instrumentation” respectively in the email subject.
No hard copy applications or phone calls will be accepted.
Closing date for receiving applications is 14 November 2020.
Should you not hear from us within 2 weeks after the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
- Knowledge of computerised maintenance management systems and ICT literacy is essential
- Experience in vibration analysis, oil analysis, thermo-graphic, and Non-Destructive Testing (NOT).
- Ability to write technical reports and good communication skills are essential
- Knowledge of database and spreadsheet programmes e.g. Microsoft Access and Excel.
- Valid Driving Licence & EIZ Membership