Requisition Number: 502886
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Location: Kalumbila (140km west of Solwezi)
Categories: Construction, Engineering
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
- This position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- To assist the crane operator to lift equipment or material that is required to be moved or lifted
- To take charge of materials movement and bears the responsibility during such lift.
- Responsible for scheduled maintenance and statutory inspections on all crawls, cranes, hoists, lifting gear and related equipment
- To assist during load testing of cranes and hoists
- Able to estimate the lift to ensure that proper rated cranes or equipment are selected before any attempt is made to lift it
- Expected to perform any other reasonable tasks given by the supervisor
- Provide training and development opportunities for all direct reports on an ongoing basis, with a particular focus on Zambian employees
- To perform any other reasonable duties as directed by the Supervisor.
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Craft Certificate in Rigging
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience
Applications close: FLE Standard Time
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://careers.first-quantum.com/cw/en/job/502886/artisan-rigger →