Job title: Artisan Welder
Site: Kansanshi Mining PLC
Section: Continuous Improvement
Position reports to: Sr. Supervisor, Specialist, Condition Monitoring & NDT
Direct reports: Supervisor Mechanical
Layout, fit, and fabricate metal components to assemble structural forms, such as structural frames, using knowledge of welding techniques and engineering requirements.
This position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- Lays out, cut work-pieces, position, and secure parts and assemblies according to specifications, using straightedge, combination square, calipers and ruler.
- Analyze engineering drawings and specifications to plan welding operations where procedural information is unavailable.
- Tack-weld or weld components and assemblies, using electric, gas, arc, or other welding equipment.
- Remove rough spots from work piece, using portable grinder, hand file, or scraper.
- Weld components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions.
- Heat, form, and dress metal parts, using hand tools, torch or arc welding equipment.
- Ignite torch and adjust valves, amperage, or voltage to obtain desired flame or arc.
- Analyze engineering drawings and specifications to plan layout, assembly, and welding operations.
- Determine required equipment and welding method, applying knowledge of metallurgy, geometry and welding techniques.
- Familiar with ASME IX/ BS EN Standards
- Other duties as directed by the Supervisor
- Minimum Grade 12 Certificate
- Craft Certificate from a recognized institute
- Must have an EIZ certificate
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience as a Certified Coded Welder.
- Previous Coded Certification in SMAW (MMAW), GMAW (MIG), GTAW (TIG) for Carbon Steel, SS, Duplex SS would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology
- Bold Initiative
- Thinking Safety
- Upholding Quality
- Technical Skill
- Driving Quantity
- Driving Attendance
- Overtime and standby work where required
- Exposure to dust and heat
- Workshop environment
- Working in hot metal plant environment