Website Ashford Academy
Progress. Innovation. Empowerment
Ashford Academy is the newest member of the Rhodes Park Schools Group, the leading private education provider in Zambia. Ashford Academy is a co-educational boarding and day-school opening to learners in January 2022 with two Grade Eight and Grade Ten classes and one Grade Eleven class.
Founded on solid values, Ashford Academy will empower learners with a desire for lifelong learning that thoroughly develops them into skilled problem solvers, confident collaborators, responsible citizens, and critical thinkers motivated to excel in a changing and uncertain global economy.
Setup on a 30-hectare estate, ideal for an engaging extra-curricular offering, Ashford Academy will offer learners a flexible and balanced curriculum that will provide them with options in the National pathway (Zambia Basic Education Course) and the International pathway through Cambridge IGCSE.
We aim to empower all learners with a world-class academic foundation and character education, challenging them to set high expectations for themselves beyond secondary education.
Our philosophy recognises each learner’s individuality in our teaching and learning as a premise for producing a holistic education that complements their talents, experiences, love for learning and interests.
As an equal opportunity employer, Ashford Academy requires the services of suitably qualified individuals who are well-motivated and results-driven to be appointed in the following positions.
The Job holder will be responsible for preparing and delivering well-structured and differentiated lessons to Pupils in the section of the School. The position holder will be expected to develop and stimulate the learners in subject-specific competencies.
- Taking responsibility for a class in a specific subject, supporting, nurturing and taking a genuine interest in the holistic development of all children in that class.
- Working closely with the Head Teacher and colleagues to ensure effective teaching and learning.
- Developing and enriching professional skills and knowledge by attending seminars, conferences, CPDs, etc.
- Enforcing regulations concerning learners conduct and discipline.
- Planning and implementing a relevant, challenging and rigorous curriculum;
- Planning and delivering lessons, ensuring attention is given to appropriate differentiation.
- Contributing to collaborative learning at all levels of school life
- Creating inquiry-based classrooms that develop critical thinking skills, knowledge and a range of skills within an environment based on trust, respect and fairness;
- Selecting relevant resources and leveraging digital tools to support and enhance learning;
- Develop appropriate assessment tasks, providing timely and effective feedback that enhances pupil’s learning;
- Communicate effectively with pupils, parents and colleagues in a professional manner;
- Provide appropriate pastoral support as and when necessary;
- Play an active role in the school’s extra-curricular programmes
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & PERSONAL COMPETENCIES
- Full Grade 12 certificate with 5 Credit or better;
- A Secondary Teacher’s diploma in French and any other modern language with 2 years’ working experience in a reputable School. A Bachelor’s Degree will be an added advantage;
- Qualified teacher registered and licensed with The Teaching Council of Zambia (TCZ).
- Must be familiar with the school pathways of Examinations Councils of Zambia (ECZ) and Cambridge Assessment International Education (CAIE)
- A creative and enthusiastic approach both in and out of the classroom
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Good administrative and interpersonal skills
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving skills
- Must hold high levels of integrity and professionalism
- Flexible, Transparent
- Must be computer literate
If you are interested in filling any of the above vacancies and believe you meet the specified terms, forward your Cover Letter, CV, NRC), TCZ License and certified copies of professional qualifications to [email protected] and clearly state the position you are applying for in the subject of your email.
Please note that applications that will not conform to the above specifications will not be considered.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org