ActionAid International, Zambia
Actionaid Zambia is seeking to employ Assistant Accountants (02) to provide support to the financial management, programme team and partners by managing day-to-day transactions, reporting in compliance with Actionaid Zambia financial policies, guidelines and statutory requirements. The job holder will be responsible for maintaining accounting data/information, updating ledgers and reconciliations.
- Collaborate with accounting team to support various projects and activities on a daily basis.
- Provide assistance to prepare financial statements according to company policies.
- Keep financial records up-to date
- Perform journal entries as per established and statutory accounting standards.
- Carry out reconciliations of account, general ledger and sub-ledger.
- Provide financial information for business analysis and auditing when needed.
- Process payments and invoices accurately and timely as per company procedures.
- Verify financial statements, ledgers and accounts for errors and make appropriate corrections or refer to supervisor if errors are of complex nature.
- Answer customer queries and issues in timely and accurate manner.
- Prepare, reconcile and record the payments.
- Prepare and submit expense reports to management for approval.
- Prepare management reports related to accounts payable and receivables.
- Prepare period end journals for prepayments, accruals, floats and depreciation.
- A holder of a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, ZICA Licentiate, completed ACCA or CIMA Part II or its equivalent;
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar position;
- Be a member of Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA);
- Excellent analytical and Organisational skills;
- Competent ICT Skills.
Please address your application letter and professional Curriculum Vitae to:
The Country Director
P. O. Box 51407
Alternatively email a cover letter and professional Curriculum Vitae to [email protected] and [email protected] Please ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advertisement when applying for this role.
Closing date for applications is 24th November 2017.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews
To apply for this job email your details to Careers.Zambia@actionaid.org